Is it bad to eat too much salad?

cronnym
cronnym Posts: 13 Member
I work in a salad place where i spend about 2 of my meals a day. I'm constantly eating salad and some sort of protein whether its chicken, beef or shrimp. Is it bad to be eating it this much? I usually stick to veggies (tomatoes carrots cucumbers peppers etc) and a light greek type dressing or light balsamic.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    If you like it, it fits your calories and other goals and you're getting all your necessary nutrients (sounds like you add protein which is good, be sure to include some fat too) then it's fine.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    As long as you have all the energy you need and don't feel fatigued, I'd think you're good to go.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Are you changing what the salad consists of? You can have too much of anything even water.

You need a wide variety to make sure you're getting what your body needs, choose different coloured veggies. Then there would be no reason why not.

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I don't think it is possible to eat too much salad. Current recommendations are 10 servings of fruit and vegetables a day. That equates to 400 grams of veg and 200 of fruit. What dressings you add to it is another matter.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Are you changing what the salad consists of? You can have too much of anything even water.

You need a wide variety to make sure you're getting what your body needs, choose different coloured veggies. Then there would be no reason why not.

These are my thoughts too. It's also good to have some cooked vegetables, so I'd add some or make sure to have some for another meal sometimes.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    I ate too much salad and now I'm so sick of it I can barely look at one. Another vote for variety lol I tend to eat the same things day in day out and there was a period I couldn't even LOOK at a Wendy's chilli I had eaten it so much (its back in my rotation for now lol)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Only if it causes digestive/intestinal distress or you don't change up the ingredients.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    If you're hitting your macros and you feel good, then why not? Most of us eat the same few foods most of the time anyway. It doesn't seem that different than having a few "go to" meals you make frequently. I'd just be concerned if you were getting too much or not enough of some nutrient.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    edited June 2017
    i love big salads in the evening/night to help fill me up... but not every single day. i haven't gotten sick of them yet, find them delicious and satisfying plus they're full of nutrition! i don't think there's anything negative as long as you're getting good balance of macros, etc.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    It's bad to eat "too much" of anything. The question is, how much is "too much"?
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    I eat salads made with lettuce and greens two meals a day most days. I am trying to lose a lot of weight though. No issues for me. I don't think it would hurt you, unless as others say you start having digestive issues or other symptoms and are getting other things in them too, which it sounds like you do.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    As long as you aren't getting tired of it and can add a lot of variety, it's very good.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Great thing about salads is that there are endless combos. I basically live off salads...