Supplements

Options
Hey MFP peeps! Had a quick question for the community and looking for some feedback. Been doing some research into weight loss supplements and didn't know if people had any recommendations or advice on what to use or if i should stray away from them completely. I have been looking at Phentaslim, also had a friend suggest Duo by Le-Bel. Any suggestions, advice, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    None... there is no suppliment that is worth any money.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Those that are legal are ineffective and those that work are dangerous and rightfully illegal.

Also everything legal should include the disclaimer that it will work in conjunction with diet and exercise, so just save your money and eat less and move more.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit will get you much further and save you money.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

kshama2001 wrote: »
    Those that are legal are ineffective and those that work are dangerous and rightfully illegal.

Also everything legal should include the disclaimer that it will work in conjunction with diet and exercise, so just save your money and eat less and move more.

Even the stuff that's dangerous or illegal... some of the effective methods aren't strictly illegal(but still dangerous and legally questionable) Isn't going to keep the weight off without diet/exercise.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Best bet is to work with a Dr., figure out where you are lacking, and follow thier advice on supplements. Generally blood tests will te you what you need. The OTC suppements CAN be useful, IF it's something you're not getting enough of naturally AND it's something your body actually needs. Otherwise you could be doing more harm than good. A good Dr will tell you which supplements might actually work best for you. And steer you away from the ones tbat are harmless to others but could be more damaging to you.
  • ebree415
    ebree415 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i would stay away from them just as everyone has pointed out the legal OTC supps are expensive and don't work and the ones that do are illegal there are some however that you can get prescribed
  • morgoj
    morgoj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback guys & gals! I really appreciate it!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    A multivitamin, calcium tablets and Omega 3's will have infinitely more benefits than any gimmick.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I agree with a multivitamin. I was feeling tired and started taking my multivitamin again. I started feeling better in just a week.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    There's no evidence - in the absence of known vitamin or mineral deficiencies - that supplementing with either multivitamins or calcium has any value at all.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You can always talk to your doc about prescription medications if you are a candidate that has enough weight to lose. But other than that...

2 very large, strong cups of black coffee early in the morning and that's it. It's a whole lot cheaper. Or traditional caffeine pills if your stomach can't tolerate the acidity of coffee.