Breakfast Ideas

Options
Hey Y'all. This has probably been done before but I need some ideas! I am not a breakfast person at all, but have been eating it religiously this whole week (a whole 3 days now, wahoo!) and need some new quick ideas. I usually bring my breakfast to work, so its been the basic yogurt, fruit, etc. Any other quick ideas that will travel well?

Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    What about an eggwhite breakfasat burrito? Add chopped veggies to it.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I bring a packet of instant oatmeal to work when I work mornings. Its easy, quick, and filling.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you're bringing bfast to work I'd suggest the Fage Greek yogurt packs-any of the flavors taste great and are full of protein to keep you full! I usually have oatmeal with some peanut butter mixed in but that's kind of hard to travel with unless you heat it up in the microwave at work...
  • orleansmith
    orleansmith Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I usually just have a protein smoothie and the other half of the banana (almost always use banana in my smoothies). Easy for me to drink on the way to work.
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Travel-size cereal bowls (check the nutrition label first!), and single serve cartons of milk.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Boiled eggs travel well too and add some protein.
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I eat a protein bar every morning since I don't eat much meat... Love the Clib Builder's Chocolate Mint bars..
  • Shed4Wed
    Shed4Wed Posts: 25
    Options
    The night before crack two eggs into a bowl and mix them like you are going to make scrambled eggs. Pour the mix into a zip lock bag. Add whatever veggies you like. Take the bag to work and microwave it for a quick omlet (about 60 seconds, and if it looks like it needs more another 30 seconds). I do this for my kids on school days and they love it! You can have a lot of fun trying to think of varieties.

Good luck!
  • beth651
    beth651 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I usually have an hard boiled egg, a yoplait fat free light yogurt and a piece of string cheese light. alot of protein to start my day out,
  • Bbethel
    Bbethel Posts: 12
    Options
    Here are two of my favs that would travel well...

Thomas Everything Half bagels with an egg scrambled with swiss cheese. ( I usually put on mustard since it's no extra calories)

Protein shake: Your favorite juice, banana, blueberries, 1 scoop of soy non-gmo protein mix, a litte almond or 2% milk, ground flax seeds, and blend. Its a really good fruit smoothie that last quite a while.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My generic everyday breakfast is:

1 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup all bran
    1 shredded wheat muffet
    1 cup fruit (usually 1/2 cup blueberries / 1/2 cup raspberries)
    Lots of cinnamon

On days where I start work early (5am), I'll have a banana to start the day and save the cereal until later (7-8 am).
  • ZekeandKyliesMom
    ZekeandKyliesMom Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yoplait frozen fruit smoothies!

I make them up the night before and put it in the freezer and by the time I get to work it has thawed out enough to drink. They are amazing and if you want to add some protein to it you can always add a scoop of protein shake mix to it.
  • kma29
    kma29 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am with you on not being a breakfast person! I always need something on the go so I usually make a smoothie (I'm sure my neighbors hate me at 8 am). or i have a few protein shakes just in case i'm on the go (special k, or slim fast ultra). But if you have time smoothies are awesome to get in some protein and even some fruits and veggies.

My favorite it chocolate whey protein with a banana and a scoop of natural peanut butter with some ice and a bit of water to make it into more of a smoothie consistency.

Best of luck : )
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love juices. I just have a juice box generally, but when I can make some myself, oh man, it's amazing.

Orange carrot is my favorite.