Best fitness tracker with wrist HRM

Options
I am looking at getting a fitness tracker and want a tracker with a reasonably accurate HRM so I can record calories burned/heart rate for my cardio sessions.

Does anyone have recommendations for something that isn't too expensive (a few hundred dollars price range) & is reasonably accurate?

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Used Fenix 3.
  • slimsue28
    slimsue28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Finix 3 $350+ wow that would be way out of my price range :(
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I like my Garmin VivoActive HR. $300 up here in Canada (so probably $180 in the US).
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    They're all equally bad...

Get a good tracker and a chest strap.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    (so probably $180 in the US).

$200 new, $170 recert on amazon

Op, do you want to track time and distance, time only, biking, running, swimming?
  • Kollane
    Kollane Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Polar M430.
    A370 if you don't need GPS on watch (eg you take your phone when you go running).
  • skonger
    skonger Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had the Fitbit Surge and now use the Garmin VivoActive HR. The Garmin is better but none of them are completely accurate. As mentioned already, for more accurate HR, chest strap is the best.
    But if it's just for HR range and doesn't need to be 100%, I prefer the Garmin.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I am looking at getting a fitness tracker and want a tracker with a reasonably accurate HRM so I can record calories burned/heart rate for my cardio sessions.

The most appropriate device depends on what sort of activities that you do. If you're talking running or cycling the answer is very different to when you're swiming, or doing class based activities.
    ....is reasonably accurate?

Again it depends on what you do. For class based stuff you might as well throw two dice and see what they come up with. Doesn't matter whether it's chest strap or optical if you're doing something where HR doesn't give you a meaningful approximation for calorie expenditure.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I love the Tom Tom Spark 3...music and cardio version.
  • spatter01
    spatter01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love my Garmin vivoactive hr. You can even get a chest strap for it. They are $250 USA new and about $160 refurbished.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    spatter01 wrote: »
    Love my Garmin vivoactive hr. You can even get a chest strap for it. They are $250 USA new and about $160 refurbished.

Love mine also and usually wear the chest strap with it. It's $200 new at Walmart. Samsclub even has it on bundle. Didn't feel like logging in to reveal the price.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I really like my Garmin Vivoactive HR+. It seems pretty accurate for my purposes.
  • believeit66
    believeit66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use a Samsung Gear Fit2. Unfortunately, the watch only communicates well with Samsung phones (I have a Galaxy S7 phone). I think you can get the Fit2 for about $149 at Best Buy. It randomly checks your heart rate, or you can do a manual check, or you can put it in excercise mode and it will track your heart rate continuously for the duration of your workout. It can also map your walk/run, track the duration and quality of your sleep (an issue for me, since I live in a house with 8 people, 5 dogs, 4 cats... and zero respect). I also use the timer function all the time for cooking, naps, kiddo's reading time, etc. It also has 4GB storage for music that you can upload through your phone, or you can use it to control music being played on your phone (need bluetooth earbuds/earphones). A feature I use a lot too is the find my phone feature. I misplace my phone around the house all the time, but I can push an icon on my Fit2 watch and get my phone to ring for me.