Things just got serious....

Options
smn888
smn888 Posts: 50 Member

I'm just over a month on MFP... and ordered a kitchen scale from amazon... arrives Friday.

Replies

• Foodfavor
    Foodfavor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love my kitchen scale. It was depressing to see how much I was actually over eating haha. Good luck :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,988 Member
    Options
    Best hardware I have for food. :smile:

You'll probably hate it then you'll love it.
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is serious biznass.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I was underestimating my portions sizes so I can eat more now.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    3 more days....I can hardly wait.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    best investment you will make!
  • NicoleVT83
    NicoleVT83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yeah you will realize how seriously off you were at estimating amount of food
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This is a great tool. It will help a lot. Good luck to you! You got this!
  • Rusty740
    Options
    Are you tracking the shipment, how's it coming.... :p
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    It's depressing at first but then you become obsessed with weighing everything. In grams.
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    dude, ish just got real #highfive

in all seriousness though, i really do like mine!
  • drawaimfire
    drawaimfire Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I now have three :D My big one at my place, a secondary smaller one at the BF's and then a cute little travel one, little bit smaller than a cell phone that came in its own case!

Like a few above have said, it can be an eye opener but it is so nice to feel in control and I hope you learn to love yours.

P.s. Don't let anyone give you flack either, saying "it's only (insert fruit, veggie, etc) just estimate". You do you and if you wanna measure something, go for it! Heck, I whip mine out anywhere. If that's embarrassing for someone with me, I just don't get that. I also use it as an excuse to not share lol, "Apologies but I already weighed this all out and it fits my macro's perfectly sooooo, no sharesies!"
  • Superlucia
    Superlucia Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Foodfavor wrote: »
    I love my kitchen scale. It was depressing to see how much I was actually over eating haha. Good luck :)

I was thinking of getting a digital kitchen scale. Which one is the best?
  • Rusty740
    Options
    Superlucia wrote: »
    Foodfavor wrote: »

I was thinking of getting a digital kitchen scale. Which one is the best?

Honestly just get a digital flat one you like that's in your price range. It should be accurate enough. I like the ones that are quite slim. The hardest thing is to weight very light things. It's also nice if they can fit a full-sized kitchen plate so you can add the plate, then add each ingredient tarring between each one.
  • Superlucia
    Superlucia Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks! On to Amazon!
  • smn888
    smn888 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The scale will definitely improve my accuracy in logging calories, though in honestly I don't think I was too far off since I am losing weight at a nice and steady pace all according to plan. It's not super expensive though and I want to keep the pace going.... I'll be weighing pretty much everything on it lol.
  • Rusty740
    Options
    smn888 wrote: »
    The scale will definitely improve my accuracy in logging calories, though in honestly I don't think I was too far off since I am losing weight at a nice and steady pace all according to plan. It's not super expensive though and I want to keep the pace going.... I'll be weighing pretty much everything on it lol.

After a few months of using mine I noticed I can pretty much nail most weights now just by looking at them.

My favourite nerd thing to do is measure dry pasta, then cook it to see how much it will weigh.

2.5 - 3 times as much wet vs dry depending on the type and cooking "doneness". That's how much fun a scale is :)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    smn888 wrote: »
    I'm just over a month on MFP... and ordered a kitchen scale from amazon... arrives Friday.

Wait until the first time you weigh a "serving" of peanut butter. Prepare to be disappointed. :)