Tired of being depressed, ready to get healthy

Options
I have neglected my health since 2012 when my daughter was killed by a drunk driver and now I have reached the highest I ever have weighed. Don't get me wrong, I was heavy before she died, but I just let everything go after. I have decided to lose weight for my health. I have been sluggish, tired, winded and depressed over my weight. I need to lose 75-100 lbs and I am taking it day by day.

Replies

• Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So sorry that your daughter died and by a drunk driver no less. That sounds like a nightmare. Of course you have been depressed and in shock and not taking care of yourself.

I friended you. I have less to lose, but we can still support each other.
  • Pusheenthecat
    Pusheenthecat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are so strong, you can do this! Congratulations on taking steps to improving your health. I have two daughters myself and they are my inspiration for being healthy. I've lost 80 pounds maintained it for over a year now I'm ready to take off the last 40. Feel free to add me!
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

my thoughts are with you.
  • KatieJefferson451
    KatieJefferson451 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your daughter and I've added you
  • slimmons_1
    slimmons_1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are with you and would like to help out where I can with motivation and support
  • babscan73
    babscan73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My friend started up a FB page for others that are curvy and need support - feel free to follow her page: https://www.facebook.com/TheCurvyCanuck
  • slickmickey
    slickmickey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i'm with you - i had been losing very steadily for over a year (40 pounds!) and then my husband had a massive heart attack 2 years ago and i have all but gained it all back. stress & depression are really hard to overcome sometimes. you got this. i keep trying (and failing) but at least we're trying right?!
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your daughter, you must have been having such a terrible time. God bless you and help make your journey to health an easy one xx
  • briwill1977
    briwill1977 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Am very sorry about your daughter. Wishing you all the best in your journey.
  • sassenach1970
    sassenach1970 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your daughter. God bless you and I will be here too during your journey.
  • hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Each day is a new journey. Take one day at a time, you can succeed!!
  • dianemcmurtrie
    dianemcmurtrie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello beautiful lady.
    No words can ever possibly express the deepest and cruelest pain of all. The loss of your child.
    The entire order of life alters. We aren't meant to bury our children.
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    That following depression doesn't allow us to focus on us.
    How do I know this?
    I too lost my precious daughter Hannah, aged 19yrs to a P plate driver on a mobile phone.
    I am here for you.
    I will walk beside you lovely.
    I have been on this MFP journey 650 days... and counting. 35kg down.
    I will send you a friend request now:)