30/40 Something Mom: Drop 20 lbs with me this Summer!

Options

Replies

• cheald13
    cheald13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome @tris2002 My goals are to workout 30 minutes a day, track all my food daily, drink 8 glasses of water a day and definitely weigh in and log it atleast once a week. I will probably weigh myself daily to stay on track. I'm up for any challenges too!
  • marieschneider1097
    marieschneider1097 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Today's weight 189.1 :)
  • tacomarie
    tacomarie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I would love to join you on this journey. I'm 34. I have a 5.5 year old son, and an almost 3 year old daughter. I started my weight loss journey in March. I have 30 lbs total to loose. I'm already down 10. I just restated using MFP. I currently go to Orangetheory to workout 3-4 days per week. I just need a little extra push!
  • TraeP
    TraeP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, my baby is 3.5 and I have 25lbs to get rid of. I am lacking motivation since he is my 2nd and last baby. My daughter 8 and I am READY to get the weight off. I just restarted to use MFP Please feel free to add me a a friend. I can use the motivation ! I need the extra push!
  • tris2002
    tris2002 Posts: 95 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    OK so heres the stats for me for yesterday....

Starting weight (as of 6/14/2017-I typically weigh on wednesday's) 165.4
    exercise--no workouts yesterday
    track all my food--Done and stayed within my calories
    drank 2 glasses of water

Not so great for day one......areas I'd like to improve in: Getting in any form of exercise and getting at least 32oz of water in today.

What is anyone else working on today?
    Also, to help me push myself to get in a workout of some sort is anyone up for a weekly exercise challenge?
  • marieschneider1097
    Options
    @tris2002 yes! Do you have a bike? I'm up for a cycling challenge?
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I will defo b up for this challenge, just what i was looking for :)
    How often shall we post r weight?
    My start weight is 156lbs on 15-06-17
  • kycl1976
    kycl1976 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join...
    I'm 40 have a 3.5 yo boy.
    I need to lose around 50 lbs. probably more.
    I stress eat.... my son was diagnosed with autism in November and I've gained 30 lbs since. And I thought I was handling so well!!
    I use to exercise but stopped and I can't seem to get back at it.
    I started using the treadmill & the "running for weight loss" app this week.
    I want to walk/jog daily and add some workouts.

I took pics from Facebook of some 7 minute workouts. If anyone wants to do them with me I could post them daily. It would make a nice (short) challenge :)
  • tris2002
    edited June 2017
    Options
    hmmmm @marieschneider1097 i do not have a bike........what about just a cardio challenge? the recommended amount of cardio is 150 minutes per week--so what if the challenge is to hit the 150 mark by the end of the week? For some folks this might be too easy, what do you think?

or @kycl1976 has a good idea with the 7 minute workouts.

• marieschneider1097
    Options
    @tris2002 I like the cardio challenge!!
  • marieschneider1097
    Options
    Daily check in -Weight today 189
    I didn't have the best day yesterday but I'm still the same :)@tris2002 I did my cardio yesterday !

• tris2002
    edited June 2017
    Options
    hey all!

Weekends are so tough for me because I am super busy.......so....

My food logging did not get done but i tried to be aware of what I was eating to attempt to not go over too badly
    My water intake increased and I hit my water goals both saturday and sunday YAY!!!
    Cardio was done by walking around the zoo saturday---wouldn't normally count it but it was hot and i was definately sweating so I'll count half of the time (30 minutes) and then 15 minutes of cardio sunday playing with the kids at the park and running with their kites to try to get them up in the air lol

Goals for today: Log all meals, use the exercise equipment in my home to not give into the excuse that the weather is rainy.

Way to go @marieschneider1097! Keep up the hard work!!

How are the rest of you ladies doing?
  • cheald13
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi all! I wasn't good about checking in this weekend or logging much :(
    Starting fresh today. Already did 30 minutes of incline walking and back checking in!
  • emrys_99
    emrys_99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the game- my daughter is almost 3 and I'm 200 lbs at only 5'3". I'm sick of being the fattest person in the room and am at risk of diabetes again. I need drill sergeant, boot camp, tough style of motivation.
  • cheald13
    Options
    Welcome @emrys_99
  • emrys_99
    emrys_99 Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    starting out ok- 3 hours sleep after a really long trip, starting keto today, did 20 mins of brisk walking and some bodyweight exercises at my desk.
  • kgmanera
    kgmanera Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi I would like to join. I'm 36 years old. I have a 13, 11, 10, 3 year old girls and a 2 and 1 year old boys. Yes! 6 kids, two jobs and 35lbs to lose. I can't seem to stay on a diet. I've been on and off my diet since April. I'm 5 feet tall and started at 153lbs after I had my last baby. I weighed in at 147.2lbs this morning, but would like to get back to my high school weight.

It's a long way to go and my husband cannot go on a diet with me since he's a hard laborer, and he will crash and burn at work if he only ate salads , etc. I find myself having to cook separate meals for myself and my family. It's especially hard to steer clear from all the snacks I buy my kids. This morning, for instance, there was a huge box of Gold Fish Crackers just happily chillaxing on the counter, on my way out to work. I so badly wanted to pack some for lunch today, but thought better of it.

Mostly I need motivation to stay at it. HELP!!!

How often do we check in?
  • marieschneider1097
    Options
    @emrys_99 hi! I've been wanting to start keto ! @tris2002 thank you! But I didn't do my cardio this weekend :#.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    kgmanera wrote: »
    Hi I would like to join. I'm 36 years old. I have a 13, 11, 10, 3 year old girls and a 2 and 1 year old boys. Yes! 6 kids, two jobs and 35lbs to lose. I can't seem to stay on a diet. I've been on and off my diet since April. I'm 5 feet tall and started at 153lbs after I had my last baby. I weighed in at 147.2lbs this morning, but would like to get back to my high school weight.

It's a long way to go and my husband cannot go on a diet with me since he's a hard laborer, and he will crash and burn at work if he only ate salads , etc. I find myself having to cook separate meals for myself and my family. It's especially hard to steer clear from all the snacks I buy my kids. This morning, for instance, there was a huge box of Gold Fish Crackers just happily chillaxing on the counter, on my way out to work. I so badly wanted to pack some for lunch today, but thought better of it.

Mostly I need motivation to stay at it. HELP!!!

How often do we check in?

You sound very busy!

You don't need to make separate meals. Just have a smaller portions or make simple substitutions (i.e. I will often have meatballs over broccoli, if I don't have room for pasta). You can have goldfish crackers, just weigh out a portion and log it accurately. You may find that the crackers don't fill you up as well as something else though.

Don't make more work for yourself. This way you can have a filling portion and your husband can have as much as he wants. And you don't have what feels like another full time job on top of everything else.
  • cheald13
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Welcome to the group! @kgmanera

I hear you on separate meals! I usually make 3 different meals each meal. One for my daughter, one for my husband and one for my son who has severe food allergies (milk, wheat, tree nuts and eggs) so it's a challenge! That's not my issue though... it's portion control! I find logging my meals makes a huge impact!