I'm scare and new to here....

Options
Hey everyone, I'm new to here. It would be great to have someone to help me to this process, because everytime I start to excercise I feel like nothing will change. I feel so discourage all the time, and it's so frustrating when the stupid scale won't move :( I'm really short like 5'1 short and i'm so out of shape, so i even look worst :( I'm real scare that nothing won't change and is always uninspire or discourage. Can someone help me? or maybe join me or let me join you in this long process?

I'm trying to do turbo fire....anyone else out there is doing the same one?

Thanks for reading

Replies

• Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    heyy, feel free to add me if u like
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Hi welcome aboard and you've come to the right place for support. why do you get so down? any type of workout your doing is a giant step in the right direction. this isn't a quick race and it will take time. feel free to add me! <33 christina
  • catanzca
    catanzca Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Turbofire is a good product, have fun with it. Try to have a positive attitude and look at this as a path to better health and the weight will come off eventually. Stay motivated! Feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • cairney4698
    cairney4698 Posts: 237
    Options
    Please feel free to add me if you like and we can experience this journey together. A problem shared is a problem halved!!!
  • lenny1976
    lenny1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me if you like x
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi!! I started on yesterday as well. I feel like I've been on the weight loss journey for most of my life. I do know that exercise and healthy eating works. The question I always ask myself is why do I stop if I know it works. But I'm getting back on the right track and I'm more determined and focused. So let's begin this journey together, Good Luck!! :happy:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    change is an inevitable part of life. You are changing all the time. Your cells regenerate & you're aging. You can participate in the process or let it happen but it WILL happen.
    You're here, you've made it this far. Just give it a shot today. Then tomorrow. Take it one day at a time.
    Don't expect too much of yourself
    Read the message boards for motivation (and I've found some delicious recipes)
    drink water
    stay healthy -

Courage isn't the absence of fear, it means conquering your fear
    in my exp once you face down your fear, you find out it wasn't so scary after all
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and started on MFP in October at 178.4.( I was higher than that before). I was definitely NOT in shape. However, I did not start exercising immediately. I only kept track of calories for the first 2-3 months. I still lost weight. I was then motivated and had more energy and began exercising in earnest. I have lost 34 pounds and still have some to go. I did it slowly and it really did not seem that hard. Sure, there will be tempting/difficult days-keep your eyes on the progress you have made when those days come. I also prayed a lot for God to help me because I knew I could not do it on my own. ( I had already tried that many times).

I like this site/method b/c its like a bank account and I decide how to spend it. If I REALLY want something fattening, I might have it. First, look it up and see how many calories it has...is it worth the price? If so, go for it, but realize it will take a chunk out of the account. My pastor recently started MFP and this was his analogy. He has lost 20-25 pounds. My friend Hope has lost about 34 since Feb. My sis-in-law and bro-in-law started in Jan or Feb and both have lost quite a bit.

What I am saying is pray and dive in. If you are sincere in your desire, you can do this!
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, this is a great site with tons of support!! You are welcome to add me!

Don't get discouraged - start off slow!! Also, switch it up so you won't get bored... Best of Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I personally am just following the calorie plan and doing cardio. No reason to be scared, we have all had our own struggles. My recommendations:
    1. weigh yourself once a week at the same time on the same scale, measure yourself once a month. These are just indicators and should not be the only thing you should concern yourself with.
    2. Drink water...yes like 8 cups a day or more if you are really working out. It will help control cravings and clean out your body
    3. sleep
    4. get support, even a daily "have a great day" can help
    5. get moving, walk the dog if you are hungry and its not time to eat
    6. smaller meals and dont eat 3 hours before bedtime

You are beginning a lifestyle change, progress is determined over time not in minutes. Follow the plan and record as best you can the actual intake. You will learn about yourself and be able to identify what triggers or encourages your eating patterns.

I wish you the best wishes on your way to success!
  • YellowUnicorn
    Options
    WOW!! thanks for the responds. I never expect so many people to respond to my post. Thank You for making me feels sooo much better. It seems liek i came to the right place. there are so many positive energy in this place. I guess I better change my attitude if I want to fit in here. Thanks again!! :D
  • Household06
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined yesterday and am looking forward to seeing some "changes". Don't be scared -- we are all in the same boat as you! :)

Just sent you a friend request. Looking forward to getting to know you and helping each other along the way. Best of luck!!
  • YellowUnicorn
    Options
    Heyyy i have a question...was the workout hard to do at first? I try doing it for like 5 mins and could barely walk afterward. any suggestion to get better?
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome! You will love this site and the support here!...It's great! I am doing Turbo Fire and will also be starting Chalean Extreme next week. Feel free to add me! :) Have a great day!

Yes, Turbo Fire is tough in the beginning... Just keep at it and don't give up! It will get easier overtime!
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Heyyy i have a question...was the workout hard to do at first? I try doing it for like 5 mins and could barely walk afterward. any suggestion to get better?

I don't know about Turbo Fire, but the first time I tried Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - I didn't last long at all... Take it slow and take mini breaks, but at the same time push yourself to go farther each time :smile:
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    hello
    welcome
    this site is amazing
    been here for almost 2 months and just love it
    feel free to add me:)
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    This place DOES have a lot of positive energy. There are a few downers but even they mean well if you take a sec to read their posts objectively. Everyone here wants you to do well, and become the best you possible. If MFP were a race, it would be a marathon, not a sprint. Pace yourself, add in better food, more exercise and above all get a lot of friends! The cheering on and playful chiding are really encouraging. Even if you are feeling down, or embarrassed about something you did or didn't eat or do, keep logging, keep going. We are here to help you realize that you CAN do this and make a positive change in your life.

Feel free to add me (this goes for everyone, of course).
  • YellowUnicorn
    Options
    This place DOES have a lot of positive energy. There are a few downers but even they mean well if you take a sec to read their posts objectively. Everyone here wants you to do well, and become the best you possible. If MFP were a race, it would be a marathon, not a sprint. Pace yourself, add in better food, more exercise and above all get a lot of friends! The cheering on and playful chiding are really encouraging. Even if you are feeling down, or embarrassed about something you did or didn't eat or do, keep logging, keep going. We are here to help you realize that you CAN do this and make a positive change in your life.

Feel free to add me (this goes for everyone, of course).
  • YellowUnicorn
    Options
    yes i udnerstand thank you for cheering me up :) this place is a great place even if i just got started thanks again
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like...I'm on MFP on a daily basis and love to motivate others...it motivates me to do so! :smile: