Wanted: Men working to lose 100+ pounds.

Options
kowulz
kowulz Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Dave AKA Rock. I'm a former soldier, sailor, and LEO who has had 37 surgeries which lead to mild depression, a sedentary lifestyle, and a lot of extra weight. I'm working hard to make a lot of changes including quitting smoking (Jan. 2017), not drinking soda every day (April. 2017), being accountable for everything I eat and going to the gym 3 - 4 times a week (May. 2017) I gained 9.4 pounds in a week when my VA doctor took me off of Metolazone (a diuretic) and then lost 10.6 pounds in two days after a trip to the ER, so it's been a bumpy road so far. I'd like to establish a support system with other men who are trying to lose over 100 pounds. I'm trying to go from 311 to 180. I think I'll end up with forty pounds of excess skin though! Down eight pounds so far. (I know, it's not much more than a good poop so far, but it'll get there!)

Replies

• kowulz
    kowulz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I deal with bulging discs, degenerative disc disease, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, Venus Stasis, peripheral neuropathy, arthritis in my hands, spine, shoulders, and hips, bad knees, and multiple botched reconstructive surgeries just to keep life interesting. I never forget that many others are far worse off and would love to have "just" my issues.

Tony Robbins said, "Argue your limitations and they are yours." We've almost all accomplished things we thought were impossible. Remember, it's always too soon to quit.
  • jonathanrichardwalsh
    Options
    Good luck and keep at it
  • mr_bob_1974
    mr_bob_1974 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and just had my first heart attack. So now I'm trying to make a radical lifestyle change. I'm currently at 301 trying to get down to 240. I know 240 is not an ideal weight, but its the goal I set for myself. If I hit 240, i'll see what happens. Been at this a week and 4lbs down so far. Anyway, not looking to lose 100, but feel free to add me if you want.
  • chuckleberry72
    chuckleberry72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My name is charles I'm 38 and have about 125 left to lose