Help!! Need to in crease calcium into my diet

Options
Can anyone help, I know I don't eat enough calcium in my diet. I don't like milk and don't eat cheese...anyone help with ideas that don't make me go against my dietry needs. Many thanks

Replies

• MDanielson24
    MDanielson24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Leafy green vegetables have some calcium... even though I eat cheese, yogurt and milk i still take a calcium supplement
  • jdier
    jdier Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A natural calcium supplement. You can find them at any grocery store.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Try calcium fortified orange juice instead of milk in the morning. Calcium fortified non-dariy milks are good too. I like the Silk Chocolate soymilk. You can also eat tofu and almonds. Hope that helps!
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You say you don't like milk, but that is the best choice you should take to give you the strength you need. My mom never had milk in 55 years, but the doctor told her that she had lack of calcium and her walk was so weak that she couldn't go to the store. She started drinking it 5 years ago and now she feels stronger and loves to do mornings walk. I hope it helped you :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Favablue3
    Favablue3 Posts: 2
    Options
    You must have a good balance of phosphorus with calcium to be able to absorb enough calcium.

I think the calcium/phosphorus ratio is supposed to be 3 to 1

Phosphorus is in whole grains. It is best to soak the grains before consuming or cooking to release the phosphorus. Otherwise you probably will not get enough. You can do some research online for this. I think there is a good article on the Western A Price Foundation. http://www.westonaprice.org/ about the relationship of calcium and phosphorus somewhere.

I think calcium is best gotten from raw whole milk from a dairy you have visited yourself. Raw milk taste MUCH better than the zapped stuff in the store! http://www.realmilk.com/
    As you do not like milk, coral calcium powder is supposed to be the easiest to absorb. Take with 100% aloe vera juice for better absorption.

Stay away from sugar as I have heard that it will use a lot of calcium to help balance the PH of your blood out from the sugar spikes.
    The coral calcium is very helpful for balancing the ph as well.

I am not a medical professional but this info is just of what I have learned from visiting good Dr. and reading a lot on nutrition. Research it for yourself and see how it goes! This is what I do for myself.

Hope this helps!
  • KarenHarper71
    Options
    Thanks Editara...really can't drink milk as it makes me urge but I know you're right about it being the best source. Gonna try more green veg espically spinach and someone has said almond milk so am going to look out for that. Many thanks for all your posts xx
  • KarenHarper71
    Options
    Favablue...thanks for that very informative information...I will do further research. I don't have a lot of sugar, however this would answer why I had problems with my potassium when I was pregnant as all I could eat was apple pie...lots of sugar in apple pie. Thank you very much x