Funnest way to exercise

Options
13»

Replies

• rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I joined a can-can dancing group in April. It's lots of fun and practice is always a good workout. It's made me realize how out of shape I still am, even after losing over 50 lbs. I also love the different outdoor water exercise classes the YMCA offers in the summer, something different to shake things up and since it's outdoors in the water it doesn't always feel like just a workout.
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like Fitstar personal trainer
  • PinkCuddleMonster
    PinkCuddleMonster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like hiking and snorkeling :)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Golfing and pulling your clubs while you do it. OMG ...golfing is my happy place. I burn on average 655 calories for 3 hours of golfing. I golf about 4 days a week.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Aquajogging.

All the cardio of regular jogging without the strain on these old(er) knees.

Plus, you don't sweat. :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Playing with my dog, walking my dog, hiking, kayaking, and gardening. These are the things I do that are exercise that don't feel like exercise.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My regular workouts are primarily running outside and boxing/kickboxing. I love both - I love running or walking outside because it clears my mind and I can enjoy beautiful scenery. For me, boxing and kickboxing are great stress relief.

I'm a former ballerina and ballroom dancer, and I both can be great, fun ways to burn calories. I also enjoy a hot yoga class on occasion. I have some fun Wii and Kinect games that include dancing, fake sword fighting, archery, etc. Not sure how many calories they burn, but I can definitely work up a sweat in some of them!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Dance Dance Revolution.
    Me and a bunch of my friends meet up at the arcade once or twice a week and kill it. Lol. A ton of fun, and I've met some great people too.

Man, I used to own a DDR mat with my playstation (2?) and played it all the time. A lot of fun :)
  • lsp123
    lsp123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Netball - especially since I'm terrible, so all my energy is spent trying not to look like a potato and to keep up with people who can actually play. I often don't realise how much running about (and flailing) I've done until afterwards (when I am eating 5 chocolate bars at once).
  • Relax_Its_Just_Burpees
    Options
    I crossfit for fun and exersice.
    I also do callisthenics. Now those are fun.
  • JMinney7
    JMinney7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I read while spin-cycling. My body does all the work and my mind is having a great time.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Tennis is pure fun.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Walking...fantastic people watching. I also get small joy seeing certain people jogging with painful looks on their faces. Some may just have RBF but others look like they seriously hate their life.
  • CoffeeBaconBallet
    CoffeeBaconBallet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ballet classes. Fun and surprisingly difficult!
  • emstandau
    emstandau Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love doing Zumba and aqua classes. So much fun