Looking for help setting up a carb cycling plan

Options
I'm looking to do carb cycling and need some help. I've read Chris Powell's book and have went to various websites and also searched posts here to find out how many grams of carbs I should have on each of my low and high days that I'm alternating. I'm unable to find an definitive answer or a calculator that gives me the grams. Anyone have any experience with carb cycling who can help me out? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    @Gallowmere1984 migh be able to point you in the right direction. Tagging him for you here.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    The grams for lower carb days are generally restricted to 50 or below. For the higher days, it depends upon several factors: your lean body mass, your activity level, your training age, etc. Lyle McDonald's UD2.0 is one of the longest surviving carb cycling/training plans, and I'd recommend snagging a copy of that book, but that assumes that you will be utilizing resistance training (it's also an extremely specific plan in terms of both training and nutrition).

However, if you are not resistance training, you could do something as simple as figuring out your maintenance kcals and preferred macro allotments at that level, then just dropping the carbs to said 50g (or below if desired) on the low days and altering nothing else.
  • roseym10
    roseym10 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I will check out that book and figure out my higher days based on what you responded with. I may have more questions if I get confused.