142 lb Weight loss

Options
TamikoGrant_NutritionCoach
TamikoGrant_NutritionCoach Posts: 12 Member
edited June 2017 in Success Stories
My name is Tamiko Grant and I've lost 142 lbs with hard work, dedication, exercise and a lot of sweat and tears. I started my journey at 277 lbs and achieved my goal weight of 135 lbs. I won't say it was easy because it wasn't but I knew once I really made up my mind that I could do it and I did! I originally started out using Weight Watcher and I used the program for quite a bit off and on. I then ventured out on my own using what I'd learned and continued losing weight. Overall I lost 142 lbs, went from a 9 wide width shoe to an regular 8, went from a 8.5 ring size to an 5.5 and lost I don't know how many inches. nkfy35u47hv8.jpg
Since losing weight I've developed a passion for weight loss and recently became a certified health and nutrition coach as of Feb 2017. I look forward to helping individuals achieve their weight loss and fitness goals. Favorite quote: The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step!

[Edited by MFP Staff]

Replies

• JustDeke
    JustDeke Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's awesome that you're now helping others achieve their goals!
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!
  • shabanabibi1986
    shabanabibi1986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow. U look great. If u don't mind me asking, what is ur height?
  • TamikoGrant_NutritionCoach
    Options
    Thanks you guys! :) I'm 5'2 although somehow I appear taller in my photos.
  • katandwaves
    katandwaves Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You look amazing. Very inspirational :)
  • bigaussieguy71
    bigaussieguy71 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! So inspiring!
  • Wantstobefitagain
    Wantstobefitagain Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! You are amazing and look terrific!!! It is posts like yours that help people like me know that it is possible. Thank you!!!!
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that is awesome. I hope to do the same I've got 80-100lbs to lose and keep off for life. Some days it feels like it will never happen but seeing people who have made it happen really help!
    Options
    Thanks you guys! It is very possible to achieve your goals. Stay consistent and it will happen. There will be good days and bad days but keep going. It's not the falling down that matters but the getting up. If I can do it you guys definitely can! :)
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - very impressed.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Great job! I also started out on Weight Watchers then came here. I still follow the fundamentals I learned there. Your results are inspiring (you lost basically my current weight) and it's wonderful that you are sharing your knowledge and experience to help others. Congratulations!
  • skinneeme007
    skinneeme007 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look AMAZING!!!
  • Amethystwolf
    Amethystwolf Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! How long did it take you to reach your goal weight?
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! You look happier too!! WTG!
  • LadieTink
    LadieTink Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Looking good
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yo go girl... That is fantastic! So inspiring.
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Girl!!
    Options
    Thanks everyone I really appreciate it. It took about two years overall to achieve my weight loss.
  • Colectable93
    Colectable93 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Amazing and Inspiring. I am on the trail to health and weight loss and truly living life. Congrats and keep on inspiring others.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!