Scale addict!!

Options
I really need to stop stepping on the scale everyday. I'm going to try to not step on until I complete L2 of the 30DS, whether I complete it in 5 days or 10 I will try my best to NOT step on the scale. I got on this morning and hopefully the next time I step on the number will be lower. I really don't want to lose much more, 5-7 pounds. Hoping if I lose this then I'll be able to see some definition where my abs are. I can feel them but have yet to see them! This is my goal (to see my abs) and would love to make this before heading back to school to teach in a few weeks.

Anyone else have a problem with stepping on the scale everyday?
I have increased my calories because I've been burning a TON of calories and not consuming enough so I believe my body was going into starvation mode. I was hoping since doing this (it's only been a few days) I would start to see a change but I guess it will take a bit longer. I've lost a total of 31 pounds since January and have went from a size 14-16ish to a size 8 (which I'm very happy with)! Just hoping to get my metabolism up and going again soon to burn away these few pesky pounds!
Not stepping on the scale every morning is going to be quite the challenge but one that I'm ready to face!

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I walk by the scale at the Gold's Gym I train at every morning, and while it's tempting you just don't look at it.

Weight yourself once a week on the same day, in the morning, on an empty stomach after you do your business.
  • Christina8402
    Christina8402 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale eery morning as part of my routine because I know that if I dont I will forget on weigh in day. I only log my weight once a week though
  • rmdemattia
    rmdemattia Posts: 26
    Options
    I was once a scale addict too. I haven't stepped on it in two weeks! My trick is I hid the scale in the closet behind my clothes hamper! Out of sight, out of mind!
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    I do it everyday b/c it helps keep me going!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Make sure you've logged your measurements. It's not bad to weigh yourself everyday. I've read that you are more successful when doing so. You just can't react to every fluctuation. It will make you more aware, however, of the effect of your daily acctivities.
  • tasteoheavn
    tasteoheavn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sadly I step on the scale everyday twice a day. I weigh myself first thing in the morning and also right before bed at night. I know the evening weight will be up but for me it lets me know how I've done for the day before hitting the bed so if I need to get in one more workout I do. I know I'm over the top but it works for me for now.
  • dhutt2011
    dhutt2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale eery morning as part of my routine because I know that if I dont I will forget on weigh in day. I only log my weight once a week though

I also weigh daily, but only report once a week on weigh in day.
  • ideucate2
    ideucate2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a scale addict too!! I just started weighing once a week. It helps to place the scale out of sight.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hide the scale. Or what I did (because my scale is too big to hide) -- I put a note on it that said "do not weigh until 7/30". It is a gentle reminder for myself when I go to step on it.
  • Ctyndall81
    Ctyndall81 Posts: 34
    Options
    Ive lost 24 pounds since January and went from a size 12 to a size 8! Problem is I changed my workout around (big time!) and gained 8 pounds back. I am still a size 8 and Im hopeing its all muscle. Getting on that scale and hopeing for a smaller number is only discouraging to me .... so Ive decided its all about my pants size! As long as that keeps going down ill be happy! Good luck to you. :)
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    OMG! I was totally the same way. Last week I gave the scale to my mother and told her to only give it to me once a week when I see her. I'm so glad I did this.

This is the only way I was going to get through my obsession with the scale.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I was getting on the scale minimum of 1 time a day most of the time 2+ times. I was getting really frustrated with it... and others suggested having someone hide it, putting it where it's difficult to get to, or putting it in the trunk of my car. Finally one day I said NO more... left it where it was at on my bathroom floor and havn't stepped on it in a week an a half. I am going for monthly weigh ins instead of weekly. It is very tempting each time I go into the bathroom, but I know I will be better off in the long run if I can keep my willpower to not step on it.
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    Nice to know that I'm not the only one! :smile:
    It probably doesn't help that it sits right in my bathroom and I see it all the time. I'm going to test my will power though and leave it there and not get on for about a week. I like the sign thing! My husband will probably think I'm a nerd but that's okay, lol.

It can be discouraging at times to step on and not see that change OR see a slight increase! Deep down I know that it's just a number though and I still feel good. To make myself feel better I just remember what I DID weigh before starting my weight loss journey and it makes me shake my head in disbelief!
  • readingmomma
    readingmomma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too step on the scale twice each day....sometimes more.
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    I looked at my body measurements from February and re-measured myself today...EEEK! Lost 4 inches from my waist, 4.5 from my hips and a little from calves and thighs. Gained a little in my arms but I know that's because of muscle..not that I'm really muscular-yuck! ;) Muscle looks a lot better than fat!!!