Are you willing to share your umbrella with a stranger?

Options

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I think I would look at the guy and decide whether to offer to share my umbrella or not based on his body language and facial expression. If when I looked at him he made a friendly face or spoke to me nicely I would. If not I would just walk away, and think nothing of it, we all get caught in the rain at some point.

Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever had anyone offer to share an umbrella with me besides a friend or family member.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've shared my umbrella with both women & men. It's just being courteous. I've given them away before. A big cheap one is like $5 at home depot, so not a major loss. I've stood in the rain to hold it over someone I didn't know while they loaded groceries in their vehicle.
  • everstrong55
    everstrong55 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If it rains cats and dogs we're going to need more than an umbrella ;)

Honestly? It depends, if I need to get somewhere I probably don't have the time to be saving soon-to-be-wet strangers. Otherwise, yes, I would offer.

That's reasonable.
  • everstrong55
    Options
    Dovekat wrote: »
    It depends on the vibe I get from the stranger, if we are going in the same direction and if I have a mushroom umbrella or a normal one. No way two ppl are getting under a small mushroom :wink:

Haha, the vibe, I won't share my umbrella with someone looks like a freak, lol.
  • everstrong55
    Options
    I have shared my umbrella with people when waiting at the bus stop.

Good for you. I have shared my umbrella with a lady when I got off the bus, she's just beside me and I moved my umbrella close to her.
  • everstrong55
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I live in the desert...I don't even own an umbrella.

Do you miss the rain drops?
  • everstrong55
    Options
    Is the stranger attractive?

Hehehe, that's the question.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I don't use umbrellas. But in the event that I had one I'd be willing I'm to share
  • ldwatene
    ldwatene Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If it was an elderly man I'd just give him the umbrella and get wet. In any other situation the answer is more than likely. Nope
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    happimess1 wrote: »
    sure. chicks always chose me when they dont wanna get wet

Just catching up on this thread and this made me laugh out loud.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I live in the desert...I don't even own an umbrella.

Do you miss the rain drops?

miss the rain? no; it still rains in the desert

snow? I can drive 2 hours and be knee deep in snow
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    How come no ones said, "That's not all I'm willing to share with a stranger."?
  • getnickripped
    getnickripped Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I was running in the rain in college with my friend to class. It was pouring. There was a girl ahead walking in the same direction we're running with her back to us with a huge black umbrella.

My friend Rob (whos ahead of me) pauses running and just stops under her umbrella. He didnt know her. She was startled but graciously let him under.

I guess he felt uncomfortable and after a few seconds he takes off running for the building. Im now bringing up the rear and stop under the girl's umbrella. She starts laughing and we walk thru the rain till were in the clear.

To me and my friend she became the umbrella girl. She's a waitress at a local restaurant. The umbrella girl and me exchange numbers, hookup and date for a bit. It was fun. Thanks to Rob.

Good times.
  • 1Wildthang
    1Wildthang Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    If the person is elderly and traveling in the same direction as myself. Especially if I'm not running late to my destination. Normally I'm moving very fast. But I'm always looking out for handicapped or elderly individuals. I cater to people that can't cater to themselves.
  • HooperDrivesTheBoatChief
    Options
    Ella, ella, eh, eh, eh
  • erica_today
    erica_today Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I once told a girl in the high school locker room that her panties were cute. Legit she took them off and gave them to me. I took them home washed them and they were then mine.

I believe in paying kindness forward I would totally share my umbrella with a stranger.