How to train legs with a ?

Options
I am fasting for Ramadan. I am only eating 2 meals but those 2 meals are big in size.

When I was squatting it is hard to keep brace because the food in my stomach is still not digested.
I even wait 2 hours before I train legs but the whole session I feel like throwing up.

Any suggestions.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Have you tried lowering the weight at all? I don't know for sure that it would help but if it does you could either do more reps or consider the month to be a delay of sorts.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Can you eat lower volume, higher fat on the days you squat?
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Have you tried lowering the weight at all? I don't know for sure that it would help but if it does you could either do more reps or consider the month to be a delay of sorts.

I lowered the weight today. I usually do 4 sets of 110 kg, I had to do 4 sets of 100 kg.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I have to meet calories goal. I am only eating 2 meals. It's 3 am to 10 pm is when I can't eat or drink.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Perhaps train later in the day, just before your after-sunset meal?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

I have to meet calories goal. I am only eating 2 meals. It's 3 am to 10 pm is when I can't eat or drink.

Are exercising at midnight? If that's a change in schedule I'm wondering if it could be causing part of the problem.

I'm not very knowledgeable about Ramadan other than knowing that you fast for most of the day. Are there restrictions on activity? Could you lift in the morning when you first get up and still are somewhat full from eating the night before but not so full it's hard to function?
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, if it's possible to move your training session do try to do so.

Lots of people lift during their fasted state. You might need to deload for a little bit, but it won't be for long.
  • bethany_rose8
    bethany_rose8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Increasing your fats will make it easier to hit your calorie goal with a less full stomach, making it perhaps easier to lift in a full state. Otherwise move your session. You can also try saving water/liquids until after your session as to avoid filling your stomach more
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Are exercising at midnight? If that's a change in schedule I'm wondering if it could be causing part of the problem.

I'm not very knowledgeable about Ramadan other than knowing that you fast for most of the day. Are there restrictions on activity? Could you lift in the morning when you first get up and still are somewhat full from eating the night before but not so full it's hard to function?

You could but the workout would not be as productive because I can't consume water.