Very lonely IRL, hoping to make new friends here proportiona

Options
Hello everyone!

I just found this site and I'm really excited to see everyone is so friendly and supportive. I am 28 and a very lonely person, the reason for which to a great extend is my weight, which has really given me problems socializing. Currently I weight 255lbs after dropping about 9 quick pounds during the first 2 weeks since I started dieting, I want to go back to about 154lbs which is where I was some years ago before I started gaining and gaining and not doing anything to stop or reverse it... Not until now, and now I am 100% decided to DO IT!

I really hope to make new friends, get advice, support and warmth, which I so lack in real life. I am used to struggling through everything alone, and I've been alone for like forever, I believe I can achieve it on my own but it's always easier when there are people to stimulate you and hopefully be stimulated by me.

Thank you very much!

Pet

Replies

• purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I just found this site and I'm really excited to see everyone is so friendly and supportive. I am 28 and a very lonely person, the reason for which to a great extend is my weight, which has really given me problems socializing. Currently I weight 255lbs after dropping about 9 quick pounds during the first 2 weeks since I started dieting, I want to go back to about 154lbs which is where I was some years ago before I started gaining and gaining and not doing anything to stop or reverse it... Not until now, and now I am 100% decided to DO IT!

I really hope to make new friends, get advice, support and warmth, which I so lack in real life. I am used to struggling through everything alone, and I've been alone for like forever, I believe I can achieve it on my own but it's always easier when there are people to stimulate you and hopefully be stimulated by me.

Thank you very much!

Pet
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    the topic title should read "...proportionally to the pounds I am going to lose", I guess it has some characters limit, i'm not regular at forums, so much for a first try :)
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    well nice to hear from you! U have come to the right place, there are tons of nice people out there and we are right there with you going through the same thing. U can do it, hang in there, hop on this site and read and chat with others! Its real encouraging
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    WELCOME:flowerforyou:

EVERYONE HERE ON THE SITE IS GREAT. THE TOOLS ARE VERY HELPFUL. I WISH YOU MUCH LUCK AND SUCCESS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY.:happy:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    good luck to you! welcome and definately use us all for inspiration and support!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site, it is so awesome. I love this site so much, it is so supportive, helpful, and motivational. I just wanted to wish you great luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you will be lonely no more!! Start by adding a bunch of friends, then make a point to check in often and see how everyone is doing. The community is as big a part of success as the plan, so we're glad to have a new member of the community!
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm new here too. I am kind of a loner IRL as well, so I understand. I tend to keep to myself by choice though. The only real companionship I have is with my husband, but he's deployed for this entire year! When it comes to this weight loss thing, the support is definitely needed. I will be on here frequently trying to get tips and ask for motivation and support. I hope I can offer you the same!
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site, we are all hear to help each other

:flowerforyou:

if you ever want to talk you can message me anytime :heart:
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Hi Pet and welcome aboard! This site is such an amazing source of inspiration and motivation. I only wish I had found it earlier in my weight loss journey! Make yourself at home here and jump in on the boards. :flowerforyou:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pet--from one loner to another--you have my support! :flowerforyou:
  • Coach2010
    Options
    Welcome! You are at the right place! The MFP Crew are great people...and folks you can trust.

I've been inspired, informed, and encouraged...and I know you will be too.

Keep the dialog going...and I encourage your efforts on this new journey of yours. Cheers! :drinker:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Everyone here is super nice and supportive... except for me. I'm mean.

Grrr.

:tongue: