Snack before bed!

Options
How's it going everyone? I just recently got off a cut and am now currently on a bulking diet. I don't usually like to take casein protein at night before bed. However, I will only take it if I don't have anything else to eat.

As most of us know, cottage cheese before bed is great because it has a great source of protein and is a slow digesting protein. I just had two slices of whole wheat mutli-grain toast with 2 tbsp of peanut butter and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese on top. At first, I thought it sounded kind of disgusting but after tasting it. It was so delicious!

Macros: 350 calories, 32g carbs, 15g fats, and 28g of protein.

What do you eat before bed?

Replies

• AlisdairT
    AlisdairT Posts: 4
    Options
    I eat an apple but i work out late so it helps to rebuild my muscle.
  • elly0001
    elly0001 Posts: 191
    Options
    im trying to mantain weight.. any ideas of good snacks/healthy desserts i should have before bed? i was having cottage cheese but i saw what u said and i dont want to bulk..
  • nguyenedward
    nguyenedward Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have been eating peanut butter as a snack before bed. However, I believe it is totally fine to eat foods that you enjoy at night before bed. If it fits in your macros at the end of the day, you're set. It won't make you fat. Excess calories will.

When I was on a cut, I ate many things before bed and I still managed to lose weight. As for tips on snacks/desserts. I have no clue.
  • elly0001
    elly0001 Posts: 191
    Options
    Yeah I guess in the end it just comes down to vies in calories out right?
  • kskudder
    kskudder Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow that sounds like an awesome snack... peanut butter and cottage cheese, really?! Haha I'll take your word for it and give it a go... Great for bulking phase
  • nguyenedward
    nguyenedward Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds like an awesome snack... peanut butter and cottage cheese, really?! Haha I'll take your word for it and give it a go... Great for bulking phase

Definitely try it! At first, I was hesitant about it but it tasted fantastic!
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I eat two rice cakes with a tablespoon of jam and half cup of cottage cheese for breakfast. I love cottage cheese!!!!

For a night time snack, I'll eat a frozen banana. It takes me back to my nostalgic ice-cream-every-night days but keeps my nutrients within range.

When I'm just on target with nutrients. I'll have a mug of Good Earth Original (no caffeine) with a dash of almond milk. The tea blend tastes like it has sugar but has none! Seriously, try it!
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I eat a vi shape milkshake. 2 scoops has 90 calories, 1 sugar, 12 protein, plus i add 1 c skim milk, cocoa powder, ice, and smuckers natural!!!!