I need meal plan ideas

Options
bzy_lady
bzy_lady Posts: 1 Member
I'm not very good with coming up with meal plans and I know planning is key. Is there someplace I can search for ideas?
Thank you.
Denise

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Pinterest. Or just do what I do, buy a variety of frozen vegetables, have different types of meat available that you like, if you aren't vegetarian, and keep brown rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, lentils, beans on hand. Mix and match these for dinner. Really easy. I just defrost a meat I want, grill it, bake it, or put in crockpot, then at dinner time, pull out a veg I want, and a starch, and I'm done. You can pre-cook beans, lentils, rice for the week.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • amysmartin
    amysmartin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I really like the Beachbody meal plan articles and My Meal Plan page (http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/meal-plans). Articles like this one are nice where they map out all the recipes, shopping list, etc., https://www.teambeachbody.com/teambeachbodyblog/nutrition/make-this-no-cook-21-day-fix-meal-prep-in-about-an-hour.

I should caveat that I'm not a Beachbody Coach, lol.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I try and make more than enough for dinner and then have left overs for the next day or sometimes I will cook a bunch of one thing on a Sunday evening and divide it up for the week.

some things I like:
    Turkeyburger cheese casserole
    Chicken burrito bowl
    Turkey meatloaf
    Chicken pasta bake
    Turkey chili
    Barbecue chicken
    Baked chicken fingers (healthy recipes on Pintrest)

Good luck
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    You might like skinnytaste.com if you're looking for lighter meals.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I use eatthismuch sometimes when I have a day where I'm too lazy to allocate calories to foods for a full day plan, but I do poorly planning for more than one day. When I do plan more than one day, I often just follow it loosely. The free version is more than enough for a one day plan.

Skinnytaste also does weekly dinner meal plans (not whole day)

EatingWell also has a 7 day calorie flexible plan

Ultimately, don't use these as a crutch, but as training wheels. You want to learn how to do your own plan with your own meals, flexible to your own needs and available ingredients.
  • Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I need things easy and step by step or I get overwhelmed.

So I first standardized my breakfast - 1/2 c cottage cheese, I banana, 1 orange.

Notice, we should have 5 fruits/ begs a day. 2 are out of the way.

At first that was all I could think about. So . .
  • Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    After a bit of that easy breakfast, lunch became the focus. I am still working out the kinks. If I can have a well rounded or " satisfying "" salad daily with not much work. And that is my focus fir now.

How do I get used to making these lunch sLads in advance, so they taste good.

I am almost there.
  • jsoko1
    jsoko1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com have a great section dedicated to meals and nutrition, there you can find hundreds of free meals and recipes with printable versions. Categorys such as breakfast lunch and dinner, snacks, poultry, beef so on an so forth.

Happy shredding
  • DespiteMyself
    DespiteMyself Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How do I get used to making these lunch sLads in advance, so they taste good.

I have come up with a system that works well for me. First I keep a large bowl in the fridge with prepped mixed greens (you can used bagged greens for this). Then I set up containers with the other diced veg I like to add. For me, its usually some combo of bell peppers, cukes, jicama, celery, shredded carrots. I weigh as I go. I also prepackage proteins and keep them in the freezer. Diced chicken breast, lean ham, shrimp, lean taco meat, or whatever is leftovers. I have a variety of seeds and nuts I like to keep on hand, as well as yummy cheeses. For dressing I just started making my own using a greek yogurt base. (I prefer creamy dressing over vinaigrette.)

It looks complicated all typed out, but it makes it simple to grab an excellent meal quickly, and I don't get bored because of the optional add-ins and dressings. Plop my huge bowl on the scale, Throw in greens, dump the veg and protein in, weigh nuts/cheese/dressing as I go, boom. Three minute meal.
  • shaun739
    shaun739 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Protien (chicken,beef,turkey ect) + random spices & seasonings + fat free/calorie wise dressing or vinaigrettes + slow cooker. Let your imagination go and get creative. Lol. You will end up with a different concoction everytime so you wont get tired of it and pretty much guranteed to be high in protien, lower in fat and tastes great!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    bzy_lady wrote: »
    I'm not very good with coming up with meal plans and I know planning is key. Is there someplace I can search for ideas?
    Thank you.
    Denise

Fond some pals with the same calorie goal as yourself and check out their diaries