Help calculating calorie goal

Hey guys. I just need some help figuring out what my calorie goal should be. I had my BMR tested and it was 2088. If I calculate my TDEE using sedentary I get 2506. When I subtract 20% for weight loss (I have about 60 lbs to lose) my calorie goal is 2005. Is that right? That's below my BMR so not sure I should go that low.

So then what do I put in MFP as my daily goal, 2005? Then I also add back my exercise calories correct? I'm sedentary but play tennis 2-3 times a week and am trying to do gym classes or fast walks also.

Thanks a lot!
Kirsten

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    You don't give your age, weight or height. Can't even guess without that info.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited June 2017
    If you're using a tdee calculation, you don't eat back exercise cals
  • kverenat
    kverenat Posts: 31 Member
    I'm female, 41, 5'9 and weigh 235. Shouldn't really matter because I'm not using the BMR calculator since I had it tested.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    You've given no info that anyone could use to test your calculations. If you're going by TDEE don't eat back exercise calories. You could also just have MFP do the calculations for you. They should be pretty similar MFP + exercise if often very similar to TDEE.
  • kverenat

If you're using a tree calculation, you don't eat back exercise cals

Thanks, that's what I was unsure about.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    edited June 2017
    kverenat wrote: »
    I'm female, 41, 5'9 and weigh 235. Shouldn't really matter because I'm not using the BMR calculator since I had it tested.

I'm 42, 5'9, 168 and currently losing on ~2000 calories per day. Your numbers sound fine.

ETA: I don't eat back exercise calories.
  • kverenat
    I used the online calculators other people have posted here. BMR x 1.2 (sedentary) for TDEE.