How to loose weight

Options
Hello,
Is there anyone did loose with MyFitnessPal, I used to be 65-68 kg but was very active. I am now 78 kg and never loose weight. Although, I count what I eat as well as only eat non diary, gluten free food and still can't achieve the weight I want. I am not working out as much as I can after the operation. Has anyone had the same problem but still was able to loose weight? Please advice. Thank you

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you've started? Also, if you open your diary you may get some more specific and helpful advice.
  • kas1317
    kas1317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    *lose
  • kas1317
    kas1317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    CICO
    log everything.
    walk, run, skip
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have successfully lost weight with calorie counting. It is not complicated.

1. Set a realistic goal. Sure you want to lose weight fast at 2+ pounds per week, but based on needing to lose ~10-12 kg a goal of .5kg per week would be more realistic. Bigger bodies use more energy. Set your goal to lose .5kg per week, and this will give you a higher # of calories per day to eat than if you have a 1 kg per week goal.

2. Have patience. A realistic goal is important why? Because this is a project that will take 6-9 months. What is better, eat at a slight deficit and achieve results over time, or try eating at an extreme deficit an give up in a week or two? The .5 kg goal should give you a calorie goal you can stick to.

3. Accurately and honestly log your calories. Account for food you eat, but also cooking oils, beverages, condiments, etc. Accurately means weighing you food to know how much you're eating, rather than estimating. Don't think you need to be perfect. If you choose to eat more on a particular day (maybe a special occasion) then still log everything.

You can do this. It does take time though.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    There are tons and tons of people on here who have successfully lost weight using MFP. Losing weight is CICO (calories in/calories out.) Eating non dairy or gluten free has nothing to do with it. Although exercise is good for your overall health, it is not necessary for weight loss. Use MFP to set your calories to lose a pound or two a week and eat that much. Buy a kitchen scale for accuracy.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    MFP works if you work it properly. This means entering the correct stats and activity level; trusting the numbers; accurately entering exercise; and accurately weighing, measuring, and logging your food.

People run into problems when they try to "out think" MFP by consistently eating too little (which often ends up in binges) not weighing the food, not logging everything, and just plain thinking they know more than the algorithms.