Accountability Buddies Needed!

Options
DiaKid
DiaKid Posts: 6 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm very new to MFP, but not new to weight loss attempts. I've been unsuccessfully trying to lose weight for nine years.

After trying a thousand different ways of doing it, I have decided to keep it simple - calories in, calories out. I have about 125 pounds to lose, and I need people who can help me along the way. I've started going to the gym regularly, and I am now trying to get the eating under control - I struggle a lot with this because I have always turned to food for comfort.

I'm looking for friends who can keep me motivated and accountable as I try to build the discipline to log regularly and get my eating habits under control. I'm happy to do the same in return!

Cheers,
DiaKid

Replies

• Rowalda
    Rowalda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    DiaKid,
    I'm just starting out too. I'm starting at 240#s, hoping that this time next year I'll be somewhere closer to the 150-180# range.
    Dieting is my biggest struggle- I like food far too much!
    Ex-cross country runner gone bad after I hurt myself and can no longer do the only exercise I love- distance running. I kept eating like I had been during my cross country days, and over the past 5 years, I've gained about 90#s
  • DiaKid
    Options
    Rowalda wrote: »
    DiaKid,
    I'm just starting out too. I'm starting at 240#s, hoping that this time next year I'll be somewhere closer to the 150-180# range.
    Dieting is my biggest struggle- I like food far too much!
    Ex-cross country runner gone bad after I hurt myself and can no longer do the only exercise I love- distance running. I kept eating like I had been during my cross country days, and over the past 5 years, I've gained about 90#s

Nice to meet you! I have the same problem with food - looks like we have similar goals in that! let's help each other out :)
  • Jepharr
    Jepharr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Please accept mine as well. So far thanks to this app I've lost 16 pounds still got 40 more to lose to reach my year end goal :D 100 left in total!
  • rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well. I've got 30 pounds to lose and am buckling down on my bad habits.
  • ThinningBuddha
    ThinningBuddha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Newbie here too, just re-started with a dietitian and have behaved so far. I have zero friends on MFP, but am very friendly otherwise. West Colorado salute to everyone, let's do this.
  • DiaKid
    Options
    @Jepharr @rlmassman84 @ThinningBuddha

Hello everyone! I added you all :) Let's keep each other motivated by commenting on posts, sharing ideas, and venting when we need to (with support from others)!

• zara1296
    zara1296 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • Mom2Maika
    Mom2Maika Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Logging diligently really makes us aware of what we are actually consuming and whether it's as healthy as we think! Its eye opening!
  • thehoyleshome
    thehoyleshome Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am trying to log and be accountable. I am hoping adding friends will keep me motivated to do this. I am not sure how to add friends if anyone can help me with that I would appreciate the help.
  • heathben7
    heathben7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am back a second time...I lost 20 lbs. in 2012 but regained it due to a medication. I have a great group of MFP friends who are honest, motivational and fun!! MFP does work and it is more fun with friends :) Blessings...Joy