What motivates you to lose weight?!?!?

Options
Janelly1993
Janelly1993 Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hello. I have struggled with weight for quite sometime now. I'm never happy with the way I look I'm somewhat always embarrassed of how I look all the time I used to get bullied in high school for eaither being too fat or too skinny what ever the case may be. it's hard because now that I'm no longer in school anymore I feel as if people are still looking at my body like there is something wrong with me. I'm 24 now and I've gained weight I went from 130 to 199 I'm 5'3 and I really want to lose this weight my clothes do not fit me anymore I'm constantly in yoga pants I don't dress up anymore I feel as if I let my self go and I just turned 24 I'm not happy I suffer from depression so that doesn't help cause all I want to do is eat. But today I started my diet and I did a little workout so I'm hopeing I can do this and maintain a healthy weight later on. But for now I want to know how can I keep my self on the right path to weight loss. Any ideas

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale, count everything you eat and walk at least 10k steps a day. Very easy, basic things you can start today to help you get to your goal.

Also, makes small goals. 130 is probably daunting to you right now. Focus on losing 10lbs first.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    In my experience vanity has never helped me lose weight. When I've approached weight loss from a place of high self esteem and self acceptance, but wanting to be a healthier me the weight falls right off. I think my biggest motivator right now is how much better I feel after losing 60 pounds. It's easy to get up a hill or up off the floor now. I can keep up with people that used to walk too fast. I need less sleep too. I can't even imagine how great I will feel after losing the remaining 80 pounds.
  • dengwms
    dengwms Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For me, my age and health. Last blood work my A1C was 7.4. Decided I was going to retire in excellent health, not just wait to die. Today, success also motivates me. 6 weeks in to a strict Keto diet, I'm down 22#, getting 10k steps a day, and tracking everything. Exercise also brings extra benefits:
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Vanity.
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have always been confident however i rapidly gained 30 pounds and was very very uncomfortable....I wanted to feel confortable in my own skin again. Once i began to loose a little weight and started fitting into my old cloths again it gave me motivation to keep going.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Would like to know what it's like being in shape before I die and plus it will make my hobbies way more enjoyable.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It started when my son was an infant and I became winded carrying him in his car seat from the car into the house. I knew I had packed on the pounds in my mid-30s, but didn't realize what truly poor shape I was in. I wanted to be able to play with him and not worry about having a massive coronary at age 38.

After hitting initial goals (made it down to my high school weight at age 40), my motivation is going down in weight classes in the combat sports I participate in and taking a real run at at six pack abs for the first time in my life.

Day in and day out though, it is how good I feel now and thinking back at how bad I felt then.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Got a medical condition that was caused by obesity and can only be managed, not cured. The ways to manage it are weight-loss and compression stockings. Frankly, I'd like to do without multiple courses of antibiotics and daily visits from home-care nurses and getting down to a healthy weight is going to go a long way toward making that likely.
  • Alisak82
    Alisak82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Happiness really comes from within. When you find your happy place then the opinions of others won't matter much at all. You can do it! I'm doing it too and not because of how others view me, but because I want to be a better version of me. I've cut all the sugar out of our diet and involved my kids and husband . WE make it a fun quest. There is 5 of us and each day one of us is responsible for coming up with a new or beloved healthier version of food . Thankfully Pinterest has been great help. We almost make it a little battle . Also we each have to pick a workout for the day. YouTube has a ton of workout videos, zumba, fitness Marshall dance videos, plus we ride our bikes, and the hated bowflex max trainer. We work out 3 to four days a week. It's much easier to do with a friend. We all get on the scale and record in front of each other. My hope is to gain s better lifestyle. I've replaced noodles with veggies spirolized and rise and+ mash with cawliflower. It's a huge but tasty change! I really do wish you well (^_^)
  • fattybiscuits
    fattybiscuits Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Being able to do exercise, keeping up with the kids, or tasks that I used to struggle with before. Being able to complete them better, faster, & able to breathe easier.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    My daughter. My job. My increasing health. My growing endurance and strength. My vanity.

And finally the growing easiness of it. It seems to be easier mentally as time goes on.
  • bellabella1983
    bellabella1983 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Add me