Slow but steady

Options
aureliem1a
aureliem1a Posts: 15 Member
Hi everyone! I'm so happy because this is the first time that I can share a succes story. I haven't reached yet my weight goal but I'm getting there... I'm just proud of myself because my bmi is under 25. Last December, my doctor did some blood test on me and found out that I have bad high cholesterol. To the point, I can get a stroke. I'm 34... and I was weighing 168 lbs for a 5.5 ... my bmi was 28. I started to eat clean and work out in January ... and I lost 18 lbs and my bmi is 24.6. I still have 10 more pounds to lose.... but I just wanted to tell everyone... if u want, you can! Take your time... it is not a race. It took me 6 months to be a 150lbs. Finally, my husband and friends noticed my weigh loss. I go swimming, hiking, lift weight4 times a week and do some treadmill. Anyone can do it. This is my success story and I can wait to post again after I lose my 10 lbs. have a great week end!

Replies

• briwill1977
    briwill1977 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great to read! Wishing you much success.
  • kdavid1987
    kdavid1987 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Love this. Congratulations on your progress and best of luck with the remaining weight. You got this!
  • everstrong55
    everstrong55 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it going.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    aureliem1a wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm so happy because this is the first time that I can share a succes story. I haven't reached yet my weight goal but I'm getting there... I'm just proud of myself because my bmi is under 25. Last December, my doctor did some blood test on me and found out that I have bad high cholesterol. To the point, I can get a stroke. I'm 34... and I was weighing 168 lbs for a 5.5 ... my bmi was 28. I started to eat clean and work out in January ... and I lost 18 lbs and my bmi is 24.6. I still have 10 more pounds to lose.... but I just wanted to tell everyone... if u want, you can! Take your time... it is not a race. It took me 6 months to be a 150lbs. Finally, my husband and friends noticed my weigh loss. I go swimming, hiking, lift weight4 times a week and do some treadmill. Anyone can do it. This is my success story and I can wait to post again after I lose my 10 lbs. have a great week end!

I so agree...my pounds have slowly been dropping off over the past year or more. I have no worries of it coming back because the loss has been steady. I've almost reached my second weight loss goal. My coworker noticed my weight loss. I didn't realize it was noticable. Also my goal was to look slim and great in pictures....yeah! Goal reached.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I still have to get my BMI down.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the slow approach. I started January 2nd at 175lbs and today I am 153lbs. I'm 5'2". My start BMI was 32 and today 28. I've lost 22lbs so far. This is my TOM week so i should lose a little more hopefully by end of this week. I still have 18 more pounds to lose to reach a normal BMI but i'm giving myself until December 1st to reach my ultimate target goal of 130-125lb. I'm slowly losing my stretch marks. I started at size 8/10 for tops and size 12/13 for bottoms and now i'm size 4/6 for tops and size 8/10 for bottoms depending on the designer. While my labs have always been normal my only health issue is high blood pressure which is also dropping as i lose the weight. Good work op and keep it up!
  • pitbull603
    pitbull603 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Was 370lbs last year...300 at docs last weigh in...lol...heaviest was 394...
    I made a descision that there was no f..ing way i would reach 400...
    I was slowly killing my self. PTSD depression kicked my *kitten*.
    I swore the old 200lb me would return. I figure 1 more year...but as long as i keep heading there I'll be happy...
    Keto is your friend...lol
  • CoueCoue
    CoueCoue Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, well done.

Out of interest, did your doctor put your high cholesterol (at such a young age) down to genes (Familial hypercholesterolemia)? or purely down to lifestyle?

If the former, I'm very interested to know the extent to which your lifestyle changes tackled the high cholesterol....have you had blood tests done since?

Thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!