Anyone doing 5:2 would be geeatfull of any sucess stories.

Options
Would like to hear some sucess stories really struggling to start 5 2 diet but really want to give it a bash.

Replies

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 5:2 for a few months now and lost 11kg so far. Was hard for the first month then suddenly became quite doable. I still get hungry but not starving. I love the fact that I don't diet everyday. If there's something I want to eat but its fasting day I just save it till the next day.

I did find that fasting impacts negatively on energy levels when working out so now I take a protein shake & amino acids. I recommend it.
  • cdurston50523
    cdurston50523 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. Well done on your loss. I really want to give 5:2 a good go.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I did it to lose the excess weight I had carried around for 20 years.

Suited my personality very well - very determined short term but I get bored and frustrated by long term feelings of being restricted. So dieting twice a week was perfect.

Supported a very heavy exercise routine very well. Also learned that hunger doesn't mean "FEED ME NOW!" plus realising a lot of my eating was actually routine/I'm bored/habitual rather than actual need.
    Also realised that breakfast is very much an optional meal for me, I can eat or not eat first thing in the morning with no significant difference in hunger levels. My wife found she was the same with lunchtime meals.

Transition to maintenance at goal weight was a breeze as I was already used to eating at maintenance.

My tip would be follow the plan 7 days a week, too many people restrict to dieting levels on the five days and aren't really doing 5:2 - they are restricting x5 and heavily restricting x2. Not the idea at all.

• mishy866
    mishy866 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started this too, about died the first fast day... hope it gets better! :)
  • Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I didn't get on with the 5:2 and the restricted calories on the 2 fast days. So now I follow the 16/8 fasting approach and am down 30lbs. It fits in with my lifestyle so well.
  • dkpeckham
    dkpeckham Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been trying fasting on and off since October last year and decided to do 5:2 for the last few months. I really enjoy doing it not only for health reasons but gaining self control and discipline, a really humbling feeling in this age of excess and waste. So much so it has helped me eliminate net and dairy from my diet which has done wonders for my skin, health, emotions and maintaining a healthy gradual weight loss. It does get easier the longer you do it and some weeks I do consecutive fast days with just water just to prove to myself it can be done. The diet fits around me not the other way round and not many people other than my close friends and family know I'm doing it. Hope this helps other think about doing it.
  • dkpeckham
    dkpeckham Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    *net = meat