New Life, New Weight & Missing the Old

Options
jdres
jdres Posts: 11 Member
Hi everyone,

I need your help. I moved to California because opportunity arised and, well, what's life without risks and challenges?

It's been three months and I have gained ten pounds. I'm 4'11" and 125 pounds. I was a healthy 107 last year and it keept up to 115 which I was okay with.

I am finding no motivation to exercise and I know I just need to DO IT. But I am finding that I'm HUNGRY always and NEVER satisfied. My stomach GREW.

I love my new life, hate my new weight and miss the old.

Help.

Replies

• burntoutphilosopher
    burntoutphilosopher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What part of Cali and where did you move from ?

Maybe try some of the great trails of active things loke that in your new location... more fun than a gym... and depending where you live... it might be a real adventure! You'll meet locals too
  • jdres
    jdres Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Boston to Orange County! I agree, I feel trapped in the gym. I work long days/nights so it's hard to find energy to work during the week. And there's so much cool food places here!!
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Pick something u like doing, start out small. I might be stressed, causing you to overeat.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Exercise is boring. Get yourself a hobby that burns calories. I personally love martial arts (aikido) and horseback riding, I also add in some hiking when I can find the time. You live in an area where there should be tones of active sports and hobbies to try and parks and bike trails to explore, Try everything until you find the thing that is so fun that you don't mind being tired and sore after you do it. You just can't wait to do it again.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You know your schedule and your eating habits, all you have to do is figure out how to out smart yourself/make a bargain with yourself.

Start small, wake-up a little earlier and workout first thing to get it out of the way. You can split up your workout, half before work, half after. Or do something during your lunch break. But make sure it's sustainable.

Figure out when you're the hungriest, and save calories for then. Pre plan and pre log your food. Find a food that keeps you full for a long time (try high fiber, like All-bran buds mixed with a protein shake or yogurt)

There's all kinds of things you can do. You know the problem, now you just have to figure out how to solve it.