Lacking motivation

Options
I moved in with a friend in December and have been eating better and going to the gym since then. I've lost about 80 pounds in that time.

My friend moved home for the summer so I will be alone for a couple months. Within the past 3 weeks of him being gone I've reverted back to old poor eating habits and have been skipping some work out days. I'm not sure what to do exactly. Well I mean I know what I need to do but my friend was my accountability without him really knowing it.

Any tips to get that same motivation without him being here?

Replies

• don2741
    don2741 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey brother you can do it! I lost 30lbs on my own with anything but support. I found things to fill the void of comfort food and started doing activite things that are fun for me.

For example:
    I really got into different loose leaf teas. The meditative ceremony, health benefits, 0 calories, etc... made it an excellent treat.

When I do research or watch TV (I'm 38) I stare at my my phone as I walk in circles around the inside of my air conditioned house. I easily get 8-18 miles a day without thinking about it. Get some comfortable walking shoes though. And, for getting your heart rate up listen to fast paced music with a steady beat and try to keep the rhythm with your steps.

Marijuana is a great alternative to alcohol as long as you focus on an activity during the high to avoid the munchies. If you do get the munchies stuff your face with raw veggies and water real quick to fill your belly.

Tell your friends NO if they invite you out for food or beer. Have your meals planned out for the day to ensure you get all your nutrients with the least amount of calories. It is easier to lose weight from diet than exercise, and it aerobics works better than strength training for weight loss; however the more muscle you have the faster you burn calories.
  • don2741
    don2741 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    BTW: I lose half a pound a day on average when I focus on getting all my nutrients with the least amount of calories.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    If you can lose 80 pounds in six months that should be motivation enough. I mean don't you feel better and hasn't your health improved? You got this, don't let it slip away!
  • katricianutting586
    katricianutting586 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No matter how you feel, Get up, Lace up, Show up, and Never give up! This was posted in my gym tonight! Good luck!
  • katricianutting586
    katricianutting586 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me and I will help the best I can!
  • OaklandTeacher
    OaklandTeacher Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Continue to reach out so you won't feel so in this alone. We are your buddies to encourage you to get back on track. Do something fun that is also exercise like putting on the oldies music and do the twist. There is a beautiful rose garden nearby that has stairs. I walk the stairs while enjoying the flowers. You can do this!
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Add friends or join some challenges on mfp. There are some awesome people on here who are really cheering you on and it's great knowing that.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    Agree, motivation is not reliable. Congrats on the loss. But you can't just put WL in a bank and live off the interest. You have to go out and defend it. If you don't, it comes back. Just the way it is.

Determination is more important than motivation.
  • umamageswary52
    umamageswary52 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Trust me you don't wanna slack because once you regain it'll be so hard for you . Speaking from experience