A mille a day...

Options
...keeps the chub away! Ok so last week I was able to run a mile on the treadmill without hitting the stop button and I was really proud of myself; however the next 2-3 days were killer! I had shin splints and the back of my calves were on fire! I ran again yesterday and woke up today without any pain anywhere. I thought to myself... A mile a day until my weigh in sounded good. MY official weigh in is mondays and I ran the 1st mile on tuesday so its not so bad. My goal is 7 miles a day until monday morning, I already have 1 under my belt for this week.

Challenge: Run/jog/walk a mile a day for 1 week.

Whose with me?
heres my 1st mile... I walked the rest of the way
544e0afb.jpg

Replies

• fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    ...keeps the chub away! Ok so last week I was able to run a mile on the treadmill without hitting the stop button and I was really proud of myself; however the next 2-3 days were killer! I had shin splints and the back of my calves were on fire! I ran again yesterday and woke up today without any pain anywhere. I thought to myself... A mile a day until my weigh in sounded good. MY official weigh in is mondays and I ran the 1st mile on tuesday so its not so bad. My goal is 7 miles a day until monday morning, I already have 1 under my belt for this week.

Challenge: Run/jog/walk a mile a day for 1 week.

Whose with me?
    heres my 1st mile... I walked the rest of the way
    544e0afb.jpg

I think I might try this! I need it that's for sure!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Keep moving it up. =) Soon two miles. Then three. A 5k run is 3.25 miles or thereabouts.

Good luck!
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What an accomplishment! I love your goal! You can do it!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I started running a couple of months ago and now i am running up to 3.5 miles.....but i am always up for a challenge :smile:
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I love to go walk and jog but it has been way to hot here. Id love to try it when the weather gets better. I was doing that a couple months agO Now i have been doing exercise videos my fav that makes me feel so tired is cathe friedrich. But when i started jogging it hurt my back, feet, knees, and hips, i kept going and then if it got to bad id take one day off. But yeah it is hard to do. I think once i start again it is gonna be like starting all over again. NOT gonna like that. Good luck im joining you in October.
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Awesome buddy, keep it up! I know you can do this :)
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    lets do this together! Post up your results here