Anyone starting their journey and need to lose 80 lbs?

Options

Replies

• royalteacher75
    royalteacher75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can count me in. I need to lose 50+ pounds. Accountability and encouragement really helps me with this life long journey.
  • aliyune
    aliyune Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a bit over 80lbs to lose, 36lbs down currently. Anyone here can feel free to add me :)
  • devash1762
    devash1762 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am brand new to this. I am at the heaviest I have ever been in my life which is 212. I am 5"7 and I do carry it well, but it isn't healthy. I am hoping to lose 1.5 pounds weekly. Having spoken with my doctor I don't have to lose a ton of weight to be healthy. Right now, my goal is 180. I want to take it one step at a time.
  • wheelieguy79
    wheelieguy79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too am restarting, and the reason why I came back to myfitnesspal is because I know it works. I had lost roughly 50 pounds prior using it, and had gained 25 back (due to health issues). I actually need to lose 90 in all to bet at my HWP weight. I'm just taking it 10 lbs at a time though, I know it's the best way to think of things. I figure every 10 lbs is a milestone. :) Feel free to add me as well. I have found that having others, accountability buddies, really helps in this journey.
  • hollydolly4031
    hollydolly4031 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Count me in.... need to lose about 50 pounds...
  • KerriWilson1
    KerriWilson1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 120 to be where I might could pass as chubby. Doing Low Carb High Fat. I'm as tall as I am wide and that is not doing it for me any longer. My daughter just lost 50 pounds in 101 days. She's shooting for 50 more. She is calorie counting and walking alot. Good Luck! To all of us here!
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I lost 95lbs going from 285 to 190. That was 4 years ago and i've remained fit ever since as I don't do any 'diets' or fads. It's simply about being consistent and being accountable. I go to the gym when i feel like laying on the couch all day, i stopped eating free pizza/donuts when they were offered at work. I grocery shop responsibly (can't eat junk food if i don't buy it) and most importantly I stayed consistent and then quickly losing weight became enjoyable. I would spring out of bed each day just to weigh myself and see the fractions of pound lighter i was. I lost 65lbs within 7 months, so you can do it pretty quickly and with sustained success.

What you eat though is 90% of the process. Lifting makes your body more functional, better looking, stronger, better and cardio will enhance your diet even more. But you can't out work a bad diet.

any of you that want to add me or message me with any questions that worked for me or what ever feel free. I know it can be daunting when you first start, but momentum really builds quickly if you're consistent. Just fully commit to it...there is no secret or magic to it. It's not about smoothies or teas or wraps. It's about eating fruits/vegetables/lean proteins and being active.

I even helped a guy at my work. His diet was a mess, he weighed 280. He would routinely go to chipotle and order 2 burritos both with double meat. His diet was atrocious and now he's 210 14% bodyfat. First time in his life he wasn't considered fat. He committed to changing his diet and he wasn't perfect by any means but he committed to slowly changing how he ate and it worked. I texted him and just was like, comon you can easily lose 3/4lb a week with very little effort and by summer you'll be fit. And he was like "I can do that" and that was it, I would routinely text him to check in on his weight, it made him accountable and he often surpassed the .75lbs a week goal.
  • hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I need to lose 50lbs for knee surgery. Plus lose another 80 after that. Its a journey!
  • shell3891
    shell3891 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm starting over too. I would like to lose 50 pounds. Feel free to add me.
  • TomSWalker
    TomSWalker Posts: 13 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm aiming to lose 50lbs (225lbs to 175lbs) and started June 1st. Already lost 9.2lbs doing P90 and a 500 calorie deficit per day (note that it's unhealthy to go below 1200cals/day for more than a handful of days, just in case a 500 calorie deficit would put you in that zone).

One thing I suggest - break your goal into 20 milestones of 3.5lbs each. 70 lbs is going to seem a long way away, but 3.5lbs is achievable in anywhere from a week to a month, depending on the amount of time you can commit to your weight loss. Focusing on a very achievable smaller goal will help keep you focused and motivated. As soon as you finish one milestone, move on to the next immediately (maybe have a non-food celebration each time).

Also... MFP adds any calories you burn back to your food journal to eat again. To me, this is a trap. Don't eat back your hard work. Calories burned should add to your deficit, not your consumption. That said, use common sense - if you've run a marathon, eat more food - you'll need it in extreme cases. I'm suggesting this only for typical exercise (30 min jog, swimming laps, P90, Zoomba, etc.) - you don't need extra calories to cover this stuff. You can edit your exercise logs so that you claim to only burn 1 calorie per activity, or simply don't log exercise and instead use the journal to keep track.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
  • emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I need to lose at least 70lbs to get to 200lbs and then will re-evaluate the rest after that. Currently down 31lbs, feel free to add me :)
  • lesliecooki6038
    lesliecooki6038 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I need to loose 50 but goal for now is 30.. add me everyone:)
  • Holly2233
    Holly2233 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Add me if you're active! I am down 6 lbs out of 50.

I have 5 goals of 10 lbs each to not be overwhelmed by it all. It took me 6 years to gain it, most recently in the last two years (thanks menopause) so I'm happy with 1-2 lbs per week.

Cheers
  • Pips927
    Pips927 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You betcha! Just joined this week and have over 100 lbs to lose on my journey. #healthhappiness is my ultimate goal and looking for a few great neighbors to walk along my journey with me! Won'tcha be my neighbor? :)
  • 10alliemarie
    10alliemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 80. I have already lost 10 just by making sure I have a calorie deficit every day.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly half way through my weight loss, but do have at least another 80 pounds to go. I am back this week from a two month diet break, so restarting in a way. Good luck on your journey.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    hunhun57 wrote: »
    You can add me. I need to lose 50lbs for knee surgery. Plus lose another 80 after that. Its a journey!
    @hunhun57
    You can SO DO THIS! I had both my knees done in the last year and a half and have no more pain/stiffness and life is so much easier now after dropping some weight and having them done. There's just no way to explain how lifechanging it can be until you go through it! I wish you the very best in your goals & down the road in your surgery. :smile:

Dropping the weight before surgery will make the surgery, recovery, physical therapy and all that comes with it so much more manageable for you. What a great goal to have to lose that 50lbs, setting goals of 10lbs has really helped me in feeling it's more manageable than a bigger number on the ticker.
  • MissLuanaT
    MissLuanaT Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm restarting as well and have about 70 pounds to lose.
  • rickvogt444
    rickvogt444 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on day 4... I also want to lose 90 pounds. Add me, I would like some friends on here...!
  • hperkins17
    hperkins17 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting as well and have about 100 to lose! Add me!