Cheat night!

Options
DX2JX2
DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
Friday night dinner out is my weekly cheat meal and the only time I allow myself a couple of cocktails. The great thing is that because I only allow myself to splurge once a week we always make sure that we go to a restaurant where the calories will be absolutely worth it. I'm super psyched! Tonight we go to one of our favorites, where the raw diver scallops with buttermilk (tastes like the best smoked salmon on everything bagel you've ever had), the warm egg custard with crab, and a couple of old fashioneds are calling my name.

Anybody else really looking forward to being unfaithful (to your diet) this weekend?

(to be honest, I always follow up cheat night with a long session on the elliptical even though Saturday is technically supposed to be a rest day for me).

Replies

• namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat nights. I have days where I choose to eat a bit more than my recommended calories. I try to log though to keep things in check. And yes, following up with exercise will help offset those extra calories.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't cheat on myself either. Seems rather pointless.

If I have a day (or a meal) where I deliberately choose to indulge, I simply log it honestly, enjoy it immensely, and call it a night. Just not a cheat night. ;)
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I have a different way of thinking about it - in that I don't consider it a 'cheat'. IMO you cannot cheat yourself. You make choices. :)

When I was losing, I'd sometimes have a day where I would eat at maintenance. And sometimes I'd choose to eat OVER maintenance. I figured eating at maintenance was an extra 500 cals (when I was aiming for 1 pound/week loss rate). And eating over maintenance, in theory, would just add an extra day or two to the plan.

Now I'm in maintenance and mostly I aim to have a slight deficit during the week (because I don't really NEED to eat 1800-2000 cals every day) and that makes it easy to fit indulgences in over the weekend. And this weekend, I'm planning too meet up with an old friend I have not seen in 10 years (been friends for 30!) and take her & her husband to one of my favorite restaurants. I will not worry about calories lol.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't cheat on myself either. Seems rather pointless.

If I have a day (or a meal) where I deliberately choose to indulge, I simply log it honestly, enjoy it immensely, and call it a night. Just not a cheat night. ;)

Yep, and that's what I'll be doing tonight. Beer and pizza for the win. It's not cheating and I won't feel a shred of guilt. And I might have ice-cream as well. Booyah!
  • sbantonio
    sbantonio Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My cheat day is Sunday. I call it the Cheesecake Diet. I love it!!! jvr4ppbzfsyq.png3w1wjr4hac9e.jpg

• sbantonio
    sbantonio Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Bottom picture from 2013. Top from a week ago. I eat a slice of decadent cheesecake every Sunday. You have to cheat or you'll go insane!
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Friday night dinner out is my weekly cheat meal and the only time I allow myself a couple of cocktails. The great thing is that because I only allow myself to splurge once a week we always make sure that we go to a restaurant where the calories will be absolutely worth it. I'm super psyched! Tonight we go to one of our favorites, where the raw diver scallops with buttermilk (tastes like the best smoked salmon on everything bagel you've ever had), the warm egg custard with crab, and a couple of old fashioneds are calling my name.

Anybody else really looking forward to being unfaithful (to your diet) this weekend?

(to be honest, I always follow up cheat night with a long session on the elliptical even though Saturday is technically supposed to be a rest day for me).

I will be having some wine his weekend for sure. And I'd sure like to know what that restaurants is!