Healthy snack and lunch ideas

Options
February 15th of this year I weighed in at my highest point ever. I started overhauling my eating habits and exercising more. I've lost 26 pounds today but I'm finding myself plateauing. I had my metabolism tested so I know my metabolic resting rate and I'm logging my calories. Exercise is consistent, usually five days a week and I'm working out with a personal trainer three of those days. I make healthy choices for breakfast and dinner since I'm at home but I find the thing I struggle with the most is lunch and snacks since I'm on the road so much with my job. I need to meal prep once a week. I'm not a huge raw veggie fan but I know I need to keep trying things and come around to them. I'd love some suggestions for your go-to snacks or easy, portable lunch ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    A cooler box or thermal bag with cooler bricks in it is going to give you some options.

If you're not a fan of raw vegetables then make up wraps with a protein source and some grilled vegetables. I also enjoy salmon, Cous cous and roast peppers (which can be eaten cold). Tuna, apple, celery, and walnut salad was a staple cold lunch for me for months and I still enjoy it now.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks
    Protein bars
    Hard boiled eggs
    Hummus and snap peas or green beans or carrots
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've been loving chicken, cubed cheese, grape tomatoes on a skewer, dipped in honey mustard as a quick lunch.
    like PP said above, roasted veggies are great, I mix some into pasta with chicken, on a salad or wrap, etc

My DF hated raw veggies. He found a ranch dip he loved and just used the veggies to transport the dip into his mouth, over time the dip became less and less and now he loves veggies of all kinds raw. Maybe something like that would work?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Do you want/need snacks? If you aren't hungry for them and can cover your calories in your meals there's no need to mess with snacks, although if you like them that's different.

Greek yogurt is a snack I would like if I had snacks (I'd add some nut butter or berries). Nuts is another option, a hard boiled egg.

For lunch I usually have leftovers from dinner or a salad with protein on it.
  • tdmarion40
    tdmarion40 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't snack a lot but do try and keep stuff around for when I do need it. Celery sticks with peanut butter, carrots dipped in ranch. Sargento balanced break packs. fat free sugar free jello with a small squirt of redid whip on it. fresh fruit.