Slooooow weight loss

Options
Ok so i only just started tracking my weight loss in here, but 70 days ago i weighed 92kg (202lbs) and now I weigh 88 (i was 87 last week but its gone up!)
Before i started tracking the diet was pretty similar. Can someone take a look at my diary and make any suggestions? Weight loss seems slow considering.... is it?

Replies

• theledger5
    theledger5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You need to open your diary up I think, it's private at the mo.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    That's right on track, it's the recommended weight loss rate.

With not much to lose, you don't want to lose any faster. One pound per week is just right. Well done!
  • theledger5
    theledger5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    But 4kg/8lb is pretty good going, thats 1lb a week on average.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It looks like you're losing a little less than a pound per week, which is steady progress. Without knowing how much of a deficit you're at, it's hard to say if that is slower than expected. When you set up your MFP account, what did you choose as your goal per week?

It looks like you aren't using a food scale consistently (only some items are weighed out) and that you're sometimes using homemade entries creating by other people (like the tomato, cucumber, and sour cream salad). These entries can be really inaccurate. If you aren't meeting your weekly goal, increasing the accuracy of your logging may help.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Cups are a completely hopeless way to measure - you need to know weight, not volume.

"Servings" - vague and inaccurate.

100g of chicken - weighed or estimated?

You can either simply eat less or move more and stay with your inaccurate tracking methods or you could start to actually weigh your food. Your choice but I think it's very educational to at least be accurate for a while to see where your calories are coming from and get a good idea of what serving sizes really look like.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    That seems right on track weight loss. 2kg per month (1lbs per week). I'm happy if I lose 1kg per month. I've lost 13kg so far.
    Weight loss takes a very long time.