Surgiversary

EIGHT years ago today, I weighed 337 lbs. Today is the surgiversary of my gastric bypass. It's been quite a journey losing 140 lbs (100 of it in the first 4 months!). I was able to keep it off for about 4 years, then began to regain, adding back almost 70 lbs. This January, I decided that was unacceptable and I've been on a mission to back under 200. Today, I'm 223 and am down 41 lbs in just the past 6 months. The surgery was not the answer to all my weight issues. Just a tool in the arsenal. This crap is HARD. lol

Replies

• SuzyQ53015
    SuzyQ53015 Posts: 38 Member
    Congratulations on your accomplishments! That's plural because the first accomplishment was going through the weight-loss surgery program. Another accomplishment was taking control and getting back on track to a healthier lifestyle.

My experience is very similar to yours. After going from 294 lbs to 143.5, I gradually regained 30. Have lost 5 of that, and want to lose another 15. For me, this means limiting calories (The nutritionist warned me that I would have to stay around 1200 calories for life - I just didn't believe her! The joke was on me!!) and exercising (which I absolutely hate, but it is a necessary evil :D ).

Best wishes for achieving your goal!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Reeling it back in! Awesome!

• 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Congrats on your continued success. Do you ever get over that "need" to eat?
  • suzettedees
    suzettedees Posts: 85 Member
    Congratulations!! Weight loss is not easy, if it was none of us would be here. You are doing a great job.
  • Jbod1966
    Jbod1966 Posts: 18 Member
    Congrats on your continued success. Do you ever get over that "need" to eat?

Nope. Never. I just do my best to find foods that satiate me without being high in calories/carbs.
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    It is hard! I think, for some of us, there just will always be a struggle with food. Good for you for recognizing you were going in the wrong direction and getting back on the wagon.