Is anyone else on a vegan weight loss journey?

Options
Hi everyone! I recently just became vegan and I'm also on a weight loss journey. I want to lose at least 60 pounds! I would love some vegan friends on here or just anyone who is nice and wants to help support each other

Replies

• ecafischer1
    ecafischer1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm just starting this program so I'm not real knowledgable about how it all works yet but I'm trying. My husband and I started near vegan eating a couple years ago. We're not absolutely strict, i.e. occasionally have a small amount of salmon or chicken [but rarely]. I think it's much easier to actually lose wt. w/ the vegan diet and you can get plenty of protein in via legumes, nuts, seeds, etc; I'm sure you are aware of all that. We've found the near vegan routine to be very satisfying/tasty.
    I'm having some difficulty listing my daily foods [breakfast, lunch, dinner] in the portions I eat. E.G. I'll enter Kirkland non-fat Greek yogurt 1/2 cup. The only thing the selection comes up w/ is 1 cup. I'm not sure who to ask about this.
  • J_Squared_77
    J_Squared_77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian but there are many vegans in the Happy Herbivores group. :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores
  • bflower17
    bflower17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan!! I'm trying to lose weight too.
  • PartyKardy
    PartyKardy Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegan for 2 years but am now working on my fitness! Feel free to add anyone :)
  • orochiwarrior
    orochiwarrior Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, I became a Vegan at the start of June and I am also here to loss weight. Feel free to add me people
  • rchimuso1
    rchimuso1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First day vegan . Would appreciate the add
  • lemonlavender4
    lemonlavender4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Transitioning vegan here! I need friends! :) Feel free to add me ANYONE <3