lost sight of it

Options
as the subject line reads, i lost sight of my goal and veered way off track. this past weekend my huband and i traveled to houston for a wedding and i ate everything in sight. I know i gained some weight back, but im afraid to step on the scale. i feel heavy and havent exercised in over a week. im disappointed in myself. im trying to get started again and this morning i logged my food (something i also havent done in a week) and hopefully it will encourage me to continue.

Replies

• lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. What I like about this site is that everyday is a new day for calories :)
  • glenna221
    glenna221 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hey there! Remember this is a life long journey. Just a you have detours in personal and professional life, you'll have some detours in health...don't be too hard on yourself. Weigh yourself and start new! (I have miny detours every couple of months - espeically when travelling!)
  • needhams
    needhams Posts: 16
    Options
    Dont worry we all have days like that , get motivated for the next time dont weigh yourself every day or week i do every two to four weeks, to make up that weekend over cals do extra excercise i just walked 120mins today to make up for three chocolate bars last night its all a balance , have faith in yourself you are no different to any one else , and you will get there remember one pound a week is 4 stone a year think about it
    regards from Needhams England on a cold summers day lol
  • YvetteSmith69
    Options
    Beating yourself up will not change what you did not do last week so start fresh now, weigh at the end of the week and go from there. Everyone needs a break now and then. Heck, maybe it did you some good. I read that Jillian Michaels says when you are at a plateau you should stop exercising and counting calories for a few days and then get back on track to trick you body. Maybe that is what the past week did for you.
  • BeckyRayJohnson
    Options
    Dont touch the scale if it scares you that much. Do if it will spur you on though. I have flallen way off the wagon and gained the entire twenty I had lost here back in two months. I have to get back on and take it a day at a time. I made it through yesterday...working through today. You can too. Good luck. :smile:
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Get back on track today and weigh yourself in like 3-4 days. You are probably overestimating the damage done.
  • knrbaker
    knrbaker Posts: 21
    Options
    I've been going through the same thing lately. There are so many summer cook outs and parties. The kids are home and any sign of normalcey is out the window. I just decided, when the scale hasn't moved for the past 3 weeks, that I need to get back on track before it goes UP! I know I can do it so... YOU CAN DO IT too!!! I think realizing what is happening is a step in the right direction. Don't give up and keep on track to a healthy new you.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    You can have a bad day, a bad week, a bad month, but if you're CONSISTENT you won't have a bad year!