Hello everyone

Options
I'm new here I'm currently 205 I was 223 in April which means I've lost 20lbs I was on a 1200 calories diet during that time I've lowered my calories and now can't seem to lose weight for the last 3 weeks I've been 205 what's going on??? How do I get back on track???

Replies

• Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    First well done for losing 20lbs that's a great loss and pretty fast for 6-7 weeks. Did you lower your cals because you haven't seen any losses in a while? How far have you lowered them 1200 kcal is the bare minimum for women to get adequate nutrition so if you can try not to lower from there unless you are really short.

Second weightloss stalls sometimes don't worry about being stuck for a few weeks it's normal and happens to everyone, just carry on and you will see results. If after 6 weeks you still haven't seen a loss then it's worth taking action. Tighten up you logging, use a food scale for all solids and cups and measuring spoons for liquids. Check the database entries to see you have a correct entry not all are accurate.

Last but not least aim for 1-2lb loss a week you are averaging 3lb, not unusual at the start but if it carries on may mean you are not eating enough. You want to try and maintain as much lean body mass as possible right? Slower loss preserves more muscle mass.

Just carry on as you are the weight will come off.
  • amandamomof5
    amandamomof5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am on Keto diet. Amazing way of eating. Read the book, "Keto Clarity" by Jimmy Moore. This diet has changed my like and I'm never going to go "off" of it.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nevermind. I hadn't read your post carefully.
  • Lovealways504
    Lovealways504 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yes I've Changed my calories because I haven't been able to lose in a couple weeks. I do have a food scale which is awesome that's actually when I really started losing weight once I started weighing out my food I been off track a little.