Southwestern Turkey Burgers

Options
skinnybearlyndsay
skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
So I made these last night and they were a hit. I may play around with them a bit (i.e. add more heat to the mix), but they were really good. So good in fact, I'm having it for lunch today. :)

2 lbs ground lean turkey (I used 93/7)
1 fresh jalapeno, minced
1 clove or garlic, minced
2 Tbsp Frontier mexican seasoning (from Whole Foods)

Mix the ingredients and make 10 fairly even-sized patties. I baked/broiled them in the oven and flipped them half way through (it took maybe 10-15 minutes to cook).

Add cheese slice and melt (we used provalone, mozzarella, and pepper jack). Once cheese is melted, spread 1 Tbsp Wholly Guacamole on bun (we used whole wheat), place patty on bun, then add 1-2 Tbsp fresh salsa on top.

1 patty = 168 cal, 9 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 67 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 1 g carbs, 18 g protein, 12% Vitamin A, 4% Vitamin C, 2% Calcium, 10% Iron

All your toppings (cheese, guacamole, salsa, etc.) would be extra. Happy eating!

Replies

• billuaa
    billuaa Posts: 56
    Options
    This sounds delicious, definitely going to put it on the grocery list for next week! Thanks
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting - they sound really good!!!
  • lauraloo3258095
    Options
    I was wondering what to make and this sounds like a hit!! thanks!
  • darlynnwd
    darlynnwd Posts: 43
    Options
    Mmmm... sounds good. You think fresh cilantro would be good in them? I seem to be hooked on the stuff here lately.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...cilantro could work. This is a personal preference, but I wouldn't use a lot because I feel it may overpower the burger.

And they are juicy burgers...just a warning. :)