Anybody lose 100 pounds and not get loose skin?

Options
newstart1988
newstart1988 Posts: 154 Member
Anybody lose 100 pounds and not get loose skin? If so, what did you do to not get loose skin and how long did it take for you to lose 100 pounds?

Replies

• Snorks43
    Snorks43 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    In for answers on this one.
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm also curious, since the difference between my starting point and my goal is 98 pounds.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Anybody lose 100 pounds and not get loose skin? If so, what did you do to not get loose skin and how long did it take for you to lose 100 pounds?

nope. I have it on my arms and my legs and my boobs. I guess my stomach but it is hard to tell. I think on my back also.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    I lost 85 pounds two times before, and didn't have problems with lose skin. I kept active and ate healthy to help skin do what it needs to do.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm 47, 5', and have lost 120 (@10 more to go).

I have noticed it -- just in the last couple of months -- on my inner arms, inner thighs, and belly. It was pretty noticeable all at once, it seemed, and a total bummer.

However, it is going away! I'm thrilled about this. I honestly don't know what the secret is. I've read weight lifting helps and as well as time.

Honestly, in my case, I look pretty young. People think I'm in my late 20's; I don't even have grey hair. People are shocked when they find out my age. So, I think in my case I just have pretty awesome grandparents!

• jswigart
    jswigart Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately loose skin is unavoidable. I am 62 and lost 100 lbs. Some skin did tighten with exercise and filling the loose skin with muscle. However, unless surgery is an option, the skin will always be there.
  • northdog
    northdog Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and down 83 lbs. I was overweight for over a decade. I have very little loose skin. The only part that's noticeable is right below my belly button. However, that is starting to fade.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60ish and am at about the halfway point.

Aalmost all of my loose skin is from my second pregnancy. I gained half the weight with my second pregnancy that I did with my first (no loose skin that time) and my highest was about 6 lbs lighter.

Near as I can tell the only thing I could have done to avoid loose skin was have my babies when I was younger.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading the OPs of the new and the 2015 'bulking for beginners' discussions. MrM27's 2015 discussion states that his loose skin from a 75 lb loss improved rapidly in the first 2 months of his first bulk, and that the increase in production of human growth hormone during a bulk improves skin more visibly than muscle.

For you, for me, there is hope.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 years old, 90 lbs down and I have a lot of saggy skin. I go to the gym daily, do cardio and lifting...eat right, sleep, drink water, lotions..,and without surgery it's not going anywhere. Genetics I guess.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have lost 85.5 pounds so far (49 left to go) and I haven't had any issues with extra skin, except for my mommy tummy (apron I think some people call it?) but I have had 3 babies and I believe that is what it is from, I have had it since my second birth and it looks about the same "droopiness" as it did then - just smaller now. I am 30 and hoping I don't have issues after these last 49lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!