Which shakes or foods suppresses your appetite?

Options
2»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I find a chocolate whey shake with coconut oil satisfies me for hours and hours. Protein, healthy fats and about 500 or so calories out of my 2000 or so for the day. Good deal!
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Use one of those infuser bottles and add fresh cucumber, ginger, and lemon to your regular water. It helps reduce bloat, keep your GI balanced, and reduce the feeling of hunger. Plus it's not a pill or powder. Just fresh ingredients.

Also ....eat a pickle or a bunch of pickles followed by as large glass of water and wait 15 minutes. If you're still hungry, you've waited out your brain telling you that you're hungry if you actually aren't (and had a snack without adding calories).
  • rhagger629
    rhagger629 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always go for sugar free jelly, it takes the edge off my sweet tooth and takes away the food cravings. And as an extra bonus is the lack of calories.

I usually make a jelly in the morning at work using the plastic water cups, leave it in the fridge and by the afternoon i have as many cups of jelly to kill that craving as I need.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Try a teaspoon of olive oil.
  • celynemarielino
    celynemarielino Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    I find a chocolate whey shake with coconut oil satisfies me for hours and hours. Protein, healthy fats and about 500 or so calories out of my 2000 or so for the day. Good deal!

Dang that sounds so good. I mean I have a hard time even finding that.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Do you know which foods you find most satiating? I find fat satiating so I eat foods high in fat and protein for most of my day. Some people find potatoes very satiating. Others love huge salads. Find the food that satiated you and eat more of that.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    It's different for different people. You need to experiment and take note of anything that helps you feel full. For me that would be hearty vegetable stews with most of stew bulk coming from potatoes.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Coffee for me. Not sure if it's caffeine or bc it's hot, but it turns off my Hungry Switch.
  • Jriggs46615
    Jriggs46615 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Two good, toasted pieces of bread (I love a good local market bakery bread with zero sugars in it) with 4 tbsp of costco guacamole and sliced tomatoes, if I have them on hand. I eat it for breakfast almost everyday, and it keeps me full for 4 hours.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    It's different for different people. You need to experiment and take note of anything that helps you feel full. For me that would be hearty vegetable stews with most of stew bulk coming from potatoes.

This^

Protein, fiber &/or fat are the usual things. It's a different combination for everyone.

OP - experiment with components above, and meal timings. You shouldn't have to be hungry.....unless your daily calories are too low for you.
  • shabanabibi1986
    shabanabibi1986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Coffee and the premier protein drinks. Those have30g protein and only160 calories. Or u could try greek yogurt with a glass of water.
  • philyflyazz
    philyflyazz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    A hearty salad with meat and cheese salads have lots of antioxidants that bloat you and keep you full longer
  • StevenBassett1969
    StevenBassett1969 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Low carbohydrate wrap. (60 cal) 1.5 ounces of grilled chicken. (60 cal) 1/8 avocado (30 cal), spring mix lettuce with spinach(10 cal). Lots of lemon juice and black pepper (0 cal), cherry flavored H2O (0 cal). 160 calories total, it is delicious and I'm full for hours with a solid, tasty low calorie, fat and salt food. Use lemon juice to keep the remaining avocado fresh. NO cheese, mayo, salt or dressing of any kind.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Kale salad.