First time calorie counter...

Options
Now that I'm in my "late" 30s :/ my metabolism isn't my friend anymore. In the past I could skip a few meals or give up bread and soda for a couple of weeks and the pounds would fall right off. Obviously that wasn't the best or healthiest way to go about losing weight but it's what I knew worked for me. Nowadays it just leaves me feeling hungry and frustrated. So I'm trying the calories in calories out method. So far so good! I'm learning a lot, who knew movie popcorn was a bucket of calories!! That was heart breaking for me but anyway I'd love to see what y'all are up too. Feel free to share what's working for you and or friend me :)

Replies

• Bloodbeerandiron1
    Bloodbeerandiron1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like
  • nancymb51
    nancymb51 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am also trying the calorie count for the first time. I was a Weight Watcher...point system...but not working for me anymore. I need to lose 40 lbs. Since this is my first day still learning how to use the app. Not sure how to add a friend request. Thanks.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • pilarslayer
    pilarslayer Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    you can add me. I have a long way to go still and love making friends.
  • hlk545
    hlk545 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've always been one of those people that looks at food and puts weight on and have tried WW and Slimming World. Found MFP really works and the app is a lot friendlier! I found it really helps to track all food and use scales to measure it out. Anyone feel free to add me if you need support.