My 1000 days

Options
sjbezanson
sjbezanson Posts: 3 Member
Hello everyone,

I wanted to write something to commemorate my 1000 day streak of tracking my nutrition. I should start by saying that this isn't my first streak... I was up somewhere over 400 days when I went in to complete Laser Eye Surgery 3 years ago. Not being able to see clearly for a few weeks halted my progress and I quickly fell off the wagon.

Since coming back to My Fitness Pal a second time and reaching 1000 days my goals have changed considerably, but with determination and close watch of my diet I've achieved and surpassed all of them. I've struggled with my weight my entire life but I finally have a hold on it today, thanks in part to MFP.

I started my weight loss journey in December of 2010. I decided after a knee injury had me immobile and I gained a considerable amount of weight it was time to get back on track. My starting weight when I got serious about weight loss for fitness was 239 pounds.

HCp8Zbv.jpg

My first streak between December of 2010 and August of 2012 I made steady progress. I set, achieved, and surpassed every weight loss goal until I was down to a lean 180 pounds. I felt good, was strong, and never realized that suddenly I could keep dropping weight without trying to. I was about to head to the other side of the fence.

u5WZ5Pp.jpg

Between August of 2012 and August of 2014 I broke my streak due to my laser eye surgery, but I also floated way lower on the scale than I realized I could go. I started to lose muscle mass, became weaker, and realized that I needed to get back into My Fitness Pal for a totally different reason, I needed to gain mass back to stay strong and healthy. At my lowest I was 163 pounds. I looked sickly and emaciated, and I realized although I was eating, I wasn't eating right. My job requires physical strength and stamina and suddenly I was unable to lift the things I needed to, or felt tired all the time.

This is when I started the streak that brought me to 1000 days. There is never a time where I have felt that this app was no longer required. Whether too heavy or too lean you can find a use for tracking your meals, and your workouts. I started to set new goals to reach.

Today at 1000 days I am 195 pounds. I am strong, fast, and capable or anything I decide to do. I will always remain active... and I am looking forward to the next 1000 days. With discipline and hard work, and the will to stick to your diet you can reach you goals.

If I can do it, anyone can.

9n1QNjE.jpg

- Stuart

Replies

• motivatekait
    motivatekait Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Amazing job and amazing streak! Congrats, keep it up!!!
  • road2zion
    road2zion Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wow!! 1000 days. Great job for finding the will power to hold yourself accountable as well as for sticking with a process that works. 1000 days of logging means, in the past 1000 days you haven't given up on yourself. That's commendable and such a NSV!! Keep going. I'm inspired to get past a week (and beyond).
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Super inspirational streak that proves a lot of learning, determination and knowing what's best for you! I hope I can follow your footsteps! Awesome work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!