I have no desire to eat today.. Do I force myself to eat for

Options
I am not hungry today. I have not had breakfast and it is getting close to lunch time, but I have no desire to eat. Do I force myself to eat so I get enough calories, or just skip it. I also don't want to load up on calories at dinner or bed time. :(

Replies

• emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    have a light snack? x
  • celtickarasu
    Options
    bump
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Why do you have no desire to eat? are you ill? Maybe try a smoothie?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Is this normal? Do you usually feel hungry? It may be you're coming down with something.

How about a bowl of soup, or a glass of fruit juice if it's too hot for soup.
  • Bikerangie
    Options
    That's a great question - I get the same way on weekends, just don't have any appetite and almost have to force myself to eat!
  • mssweetjay
    mssweetjay Posts: 142
    Options
    Yes you do need to eat something!! So your sugar level will not drop hard this eve!!!! You need to eat something also to keep your metabolism in check also!!!
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    Gotta have a little something to balance your blood sugar/insulin levels

Grab some yogurt or some nuts or fruit. Keep it light if you aren't hungry...but don't leave your tummy empty all morning!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I agree with whoever above said try a smoothie,liquid nutrients are easy on the stomach. Sometimes its not until you give your tummy a little nibble does it wake up and unleash its full hunger.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    this happens to me, too. The other day, I had to force myself to eat, because I knew I was going to the gym and I still only managed to get in 700 calories before going. Um, never again. I almost got sick working out. Try, if you can. Otherwise, if not I would not suggest trying to work out.
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Maybe just something small, like a banana or a granola bar?
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    If you eat breakfast, you're less likely to binge throughout the day & it actually gets your body's metabolism moving for the day. Even if it's just a piece of toast. A glass of orange juice is good for calories, healthy, & if you're not hungry, will not make you feel all that full. Just make sure it's real OJ, w/out extra sugar added!
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I never have that problem, but If I were to, id just grab a smoothie, so I wouldnt blow it later in the day when the hunger finally hit!
  • lacrosse_lydia
    Options
    Sometimes that happens to me and (like you said) I find mysself binging at dinner. Maybe just have some apple slices throughout the day and lots of water (: good luck!
  • babynurse123
    babynurse123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • LJCDuke11
    LJCDuke11 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yes, just a LITTLE something... just something for you to keep your metabolism going... applesauce, banana, apple...? couple carrots?