Lunch suggestions - fast food unfortunately

Options
I have to grab lunch out today and my choices are Burger King, McD's, Wendy's or Hardee's. I had the Tendergrill salad from BK the other day, but for almost $7 don't really want to spend that much again today. It was good though and around 300 cals since I don't use dressing or croutons.

Replies

• soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    doesnt hardees have the turkey burgers that are about 300 cals? that would be my suggestion. Or wendys has a salad now with summer fruit, but i forget what its called
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wendy's berry almond chicken salad...it is delicious!!!!!
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

I agree! It's quite yummy, and the half sized one is more than enough :-)
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    bk veggie burger is around 250 cals or you could skip the top bun and get a side salad to go with it.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I like all of wendy's salads! And even the half portion is pretty big!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    If you have chi-fil-A, it's better fast food chain. Go with grill chicken.

How about Chipotle?
  • kitten7911
    kitten7911 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds southwest grilled chicken salad is only 420 calories including the dressing and is so delicious! good luck:smile:
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

I agree! It's quite yummy, and the half sized one is more than enough :-)

Yes I would agree....had it with the vinaigrette and it was very tasty :)
  • krisnshan
    krisnshan Posts: 41
    Options
    Be careful that salad is loaded with calories....you may want to look up some choices first. A small chili from wendy's has less calories.
  • krisnshan
    Options
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1193
    this is great to use for fast food lunches : ))
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I would go with Wendys. They have more healthier options than Hardees or Burger King. Hardees I swear injects fat into their menu items just to see how high they can get them. The number of grams of fat in their sandwiches is absurd, even the grilled chicken. Wendys you could go salad route, or baked potato, or a small wrap. Mcdonalds would have salads or grilled chicken snack wraps aren't too bad on calories.
  • Trisha042415
    Trisha042415 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I go to Wendy's I get the Ultimate Chicken Grill sandwich. It has 360 calories and 7 grams of fat. If I'm extra hungry I'll also get a small chili and that has 210 calories and 6 grams of fat. I have to say for fast food it's not that bad compared to burgers & fries.
  • krisnshan
    Options
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Wendy's chili. Good for fiber and low fat. And yummy.
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Asian Salad and Southwest Salad are both under 400 calories without the dressing. Sometimes I get 6 chicken nuggets (280 calories) and a side salad (25 calories, without dressing) for lunch. So that's only 305 calories there!
  • Kia148
    Options
    The berry almond chicken salad has 270 calories for the half size and 450 for the full size.
  • Trisha042415
    Trisha042415 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I totally agree w/you. Wendy's does seem to have more healthier options. You're right about Hardee's...their food is VERY fattening!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I like the Wopper Jr plus mustard, minus mayo and catsup.

calories 250
    fat 11
    carb 26
    protien 13
    sodium 410
  • Kia148
    Options
    The berry almond chicken salad has 270 calories for the half size and 450 for the full size.

The total calories includes the raspberry vingarette dressing that comes with the salad.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    At Wendy's you can get a side salad in place of fries in their combo meals. I'll often just the side salad and a baked potato or their small chicken nuggets.

At McDonald's you can get a kid's meal. 4 nuggets, apple slices and a drink. I think they're running a special where it's only $3, too.