Can I really lose weight while on birth control

Options
direkug
direkug Posts: 1 Member
Hi anyone here really lost weight thru diet and exercise even while on implanon. I havent lost weight really since i gave birth

Replies

• dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Not on implant, but on other. Lost all my weight while on it. And I have before in my life as well lost on birth control.
  • maeveoh4
    maeveoh4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ultimately, calories in / calories out is king. I used to be on hormonal birth control (the pill, patch) and found that the changes in hormones made me crave more food / comfort due to the extra emotional distress, which caused me to eat more. However, it wasn't the birth control that made me gain weight. It was the extra food. Another time, I did weight watchers while on BC. Lost weight. But it wasn't because of the BC, it was because I was eating less calories.

You will lose weight if you track what you eat, and eat less calories than you burn according to your TDEE. I was worried about the same thing when I started an anti depressant ~ 6 mo. ago. But in those 6 months I've lost ~45 lbs.

You can do it! You just might be a little hormonal about it than if not. :)
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I've been on various forms of birth control since I was a teenager and have zero problems losing weight. I got down to 110 pounds at one point. Don't ever fall into the trap of "I can't lose weight because..." It's just not true. Too much food and not enough activity causes weight gain, the opposite is what causes weight loss.

Congrats on the baby. Eat your calorie goal, find a little time for exercise, have lots of patience and the weight will come off.
  • CaseyGabi
    CaseyGabi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not while I was on depo. Had to give it up. 46lbs down