Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eating back exercise calories

Hi guys, apologies if this has been posted about before.

When I was at the gym my trainer messed around with the MyFitnessPal app. When I burn calories and add the workout to mpf it stopped creating a deficit. I'd like to reverse this, so that I can eat back the calories. I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance
All the best
Jen

Replies

• bdirks1972
    bdirks1972 Posts: 2 Member
    Needs to be logged under cardio to subtract calories. Not sure if thats the problem, but you could check that.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Do you pay for premium? I've read that's the only way you can turn off earning extra calories for exercise, and yes the calorie burn estimates are under cardiovascular.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Ask the trainer what the trainer did. Undo it. Fire the trainer. (firing optional)
  • bunnynose_bunny
    bunnynose_bunny Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks guys I'll try some of these options (not going to the trainer anymore so no need to fire her!)
  • AllishComedy
    AllishComedy Posts: 12 Member
    Don't eat back your work outs. I'm noticing a much faster loss since I got that piece of advice.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Don't eat back your work outs. I'm noticing a much faster loss since I got that piece of advice.

This isn't how mfp works though. You don't want your weight loss to be too fast.

Did your trainer put your calories in using the tdee method? If so, exercise calories are already included and you don't eat them back.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member

Faster doesn't necessarily mean healthier, though. Losing too quickly can do a number on your body, which is why you should be eating your exercise calories back.