Help! Frustrated....

Options
My husband and I have been faithfully following mfp. We have given up soda, sugar, and all processed foods. We are walking 3+ miles a day. We both have 40+ pounds to lose and were soda drinking, junk food eating, couch potatoes. The scale is NOT budging.....suggestions???

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Are you actually counting calories? Are you eating in deficit?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    How long has it been?
    If more than several weeks and you both don't lose anything at all then you might not be weighting your food properly.
    If less, just wait it out.

• RacerOne95
    RacerOne95 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We are counting and logging everything that goes into our mouths. We both are usually at a deficit. Him well more than me.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Are you actually counting calories? Are you eating in deficit?

This.

Not necessary to give up foods for weight loss. All I did was decrease the amount/frequency of certain foods and switch to diet soda.
  • Rubysue17
    Rubysue17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    did you figure out how many calories per day you need to consume for weight loss? You should eat a healthy "snack" between meals of about 100 calories as well. What about water? Try to drink 6-8 8 ounce cups daily. Eat plenty of veggies and have about one to one and a half cups of fresh fruit a day. You should not be hungry, protein and fiber help to keep you satiated. Try not to get frustrated. I know its hard, but you can do this!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How are you two measuring your calorie intake?
  • RacerOne95
    Options
    We are using the caloric amount the mfp provided for our age and height.
  • RacerOne95
    Options
    We have only been following the plan for one week.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    aprice7395 wrote: »
    We are using the caloric amount the mfp provided for our age and height.

But are you using a food scale to weigh your food to get the exact calories or are you just guessing? If you are guessing, you are guessing very wrong.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Then you two just need some patience. Weight loss isn't linear, and you'll never lose every single week. Log everything as accurately as possible and give it some time.
  • RacerOne95
    Options
    We are weighing and measuring everything. Drinking lots of water. Thank you for the encouragement.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    We are weighing and measuring everything. Drinking lots of water. Thank you for the encouragement.

Then its likely just not enough time.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Then you two just need some patience. Weight loss isn't linear, and you'll never lose every single week. Log everything as accurately as possible and give it some time.

^^this

When you first start out, sometimes it can take a couple of weeks before you start seeing results. One week is not enough time to accurately assess anything. I would give it more time.
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    One week is just adjustment. It took me three weeks so see 1lb go. I felt discouraged but kept going. I'm at 52 days in the process now. 13lg gone. Patience. Consistency. Meticulous logging + measuring with a scale.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    RacerOne95 wrote: »

Are you using cups/spoons for liquids only? Using a food scale to weigh solid and semi solids in grams? Are you entering your recipes in the recipe builder? Are you logging all foods (that includes bites tastes and licks), condiments, dressings, cooking oils, additions, drinks, and prepackaged foods?

Have you recently changed the batteries in both food and bathroom scales? Are you weighing yourself at the same time under the same conditions (on a hard surface)?

Also, it has only been a week. Give it at least 4-6.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Did you gain all your weight in a week?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options

You will not see losses every week. I see losses every several weeks only.