Baby Weight

Options
Morning everyone B) ,

I'm back here because I'm keen to start blitzing the baby weight and wondered if there's anyone else in the same position?

My baby is 11 and a half weeks now and although I started off well, I seem to have lost motivation on the weight loss. Inconsistent sleeping habits and being at home on mat leave have meant I've been a bit (!) lazy and have provided convenient excuses to reach for snacks and order takeaways but I seriously need to stop! I'm managing to get to the gym or out for a run (who am I kidding, a jog!) about once a week. I can't go too crazy as I had a c section, so aiming to build back up at a sensible pace. I'd like to build my schedule to two cardio and light weights days and one swimming session per week. I'm not attacking the calories, sticking with 1600 per day, even though I'm formula feeding. There are too many days I'm awake too many hours to survive on less! I'm happy to lose weight slowly amd sensibly.

I dumped 1 stone 12lbs on whilst pregnant and have lost 5lbs so far, which over 11 weeks, isn't great!

Looking forward to seeing if there are any other mums out there looking to lose and hearing your strategies (or dad's who sympathy gained/struggled with diet on the new born phase) and goals!

Replies

• nickheskes94
    nickheskes94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was about to respond making a joke about gaining sympathy weight, but apparently you already covered that, so thank you for acknowledging it's actually a thing :smiley: haha.

Before my daughter was conceived I weighed 95kg (210 pounds). I reached my heaviest of 120kgs (265) just a few weeks ago on her 1st birthday. (Her Mum lost as much as I gained so woe, is me.)

I don't have any goals or wisdom to share cause I'm just starting out, but I'm in the same boat and I can definitely sympathise :D.
  • mcgagga
    mcgagga Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also trying to lose the baby weight - my bub is nearly two and still have 5kg to go to get back to pre baby weight! So not really a baby anymore. I remember when my son was 6 months and I was working out everyday and eating well, it just wouldn't shift (I was also formula feeding). It was so disheartening but then one day something clicked and I got done to the weight I'm stuck at now. I haven't made a mammoth effort to lose it but that's what I want to do now - I must say, going back to work did help, but I regret not just enjoying the time with my son and the time I wasted stressing about baby weight. Sounds like you have a good outlook- slow and steady!

And yes, the sleepless nights are a killer. On those days, I considered it a good day if I had a shower and took the dog for a 15 min walk. Helped getting into an exercise habit, so when bubs did start sleeping through I had something to build on ☺️

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Enjoy your baby. Rest when you can. The weight loss will come soon enough. Your baby will be big before you know it.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby! My baby is 10 months old and I started exercising when she was around 5 months. I love working out at home so I'll put her in the bouncer chair and give her lots of toys , if she cries I'll move her to a high chair and continue. I also love running with the stroller but it's not recommended until baby is 6 months old , so you can walk with the stroller maybe? Now I workout when she naps . I lost 7 kg so far and aiming for another 10 kg. I do Insanity.
  • RobinSFoster
    RobinSFoster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

My youngest is 8 months old (I have a 2.5 year old too) and I still have quite a bit to lose. I do strength training 1-2 times per week and just try to stay active. I have a desk job so I try to walk a lap around when possible. I work on a lower calorie range (1259-1300) which I found works best for me, although I go over every once in a while.

My first goal is to get to my pre pregnancy weight before my daughter turns one. Then I'll decide after that what I want to accomplish!
  • dragonfly_66
    dragonfly_66 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am 6 months postpartum with my third! I find meal prep and planning is super helpful :)
  • Charlotte_Louise_C
    Charlotte_Louise_C Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have an almost 8 week old and I am keen to lose the baby weight! I went overboard and piled on 4 stone during pregnancy :( I find it really hard to get out and about ATM any tips would be greatful feel free to add me I could do with the support!
  • lovelex3
    lovelex3 Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. 10 months postpartum and I weigh just as much as I did when full term :( I need to do something and get some motivation. Stress eating is so easy.

I have a bullet journal I try to meal prep in. Prepping is most important. It's so hard to find the time though with a little one on the move.