please help me im hopeless :(

Options
ReadyForWeightLoss
ReadyForWeightLoss Posts: 75 Member
edited June 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
ive been gaining weight like crazy i just keep gaining and gaining. im up to 303lbs and im so scared to get bigger... im literally crying right now! i try to watch what i eat but its so hard i give up so easily. idk what to do anymore i started to go for daily walks for a month now and havent lost a single pound :( i eat so badly that wallking doesnt even help. in 7 years i went from 160 to 303 :(

Replies

• cleoallen2
    cleoallen2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Lots of good suggestion here. The best thing you can do is to never give up. We are all with you.
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I second what @rheddmobile said.

Don't try and change anything major to start with and don't try and cut your calories dramatically straight off. I started at a little over maintenance for me and cut daily intake by 50 calories no more often than once a week and only when I felt ready until I was losing at a rate I'm happy with. By doing this I have lost an average of almost 1 pound a week since I started in January (and I lost nothing for the first 2-3 weeks).
    View this as a lifestyle change so try and only make changes you think you can sustain in the long term and use the community and make friends on mfp, I think that is the biggest single change I made this time that has made the difference.

Good luck, you can do this :)
  • NettieBess
    NettieBess Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    cleoallen2 wrote: »
    Lots of good suggestion here. The best thing you can do is to never give up. We are all with you.

100% agree. Never give up. But be kind to yourself. I think you know that you got you where you are now. That's in the past. Forgive yourself and move on. If you dislike or even hate yourself for getting fat you won't feel as though you deserve better, and I'm sure you do deserve to live healthily.

I've only just started this myself at 287 lbs. I keep making bad choices but I keep going. I wish you well. Add me if you want to.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    ive been gaining weight like crazy i just keep gaining and gaining. im up to 303lbs and im so scared to get bigger... im literally crying right now! i try to watch what i eat but its so hard i give up so easily. idk what to do anymore i started to go for daily walks for a month now and havent lost a single pound :( i eat so badly that wallking doesnt even help. in 7 years i went from 160 to 303 :(

Add some of us as friends so we can support you on a note personal level, you can do this with support, good luck
  • HealthyGoalie
    HealthyGoalie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When using a scale with body fat measurement, be aware that hydration.. has influence on the reading. If weighing after a hot summer night, it can display a body fat higher than normally cause being dehydrated or if not drinked enough water the day before. While being more hydrated can display a lower body fat number..

Using a guidance to keep making the best decisions food wise. Looking at the trend over time, not the daily number in itself.
  • fitandfabwithbecky
    fitandfabwithbecky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @ReadyForWeightLoss Hey! :) I sent you a friend request this morning!!
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I really liked all what the previous posters have written. I'd say stop thinking of yourself as hopeless. You're strong. You came here and was brave enough to ask for help. This is huge. Now breathe and read what people have written about their own experience. We can learn from others, but end of the day your experience is going to be as unique as you are. There will be hiccups, mistakes, bad choices, but this is a learning curve. Keep the big picture in your mind all the time. That's where you want to live: in the big picture. It's worth it. You are worth it.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You're no more hopeless than the rest of us are, which is to say, not hopeless at all. You've already started by coming here. Put your information into MFP and find out how many calories it tells you to eat. Don't make your goal too aggressive at first or you may want to give up before you begin. If you're really feeling you can't even start this, tell it you want to lose .5 lbs a week. If you're feeling more motivated, tell it 1 lb or 1.5 lbs. It'll probably give you something around 2000ish calories a day to eat. You can make a really nice meal plan out of that.

Then sit down and figure out what you have been eating. Figure out approximately how many calories those foods and portion sizes have. If you've been eating those foods, I'm going to assume those are the foods you like. So use that same basic plan (with smaller portions) to create your new, calorie controlled menu. Then, make some changes over the weeks and months. Swap in some more vegetables and fruit and swap out some foods that aren't as nutritionally sound.

As others said, buy a digital food scale and weigh your food. That egg that the carton says is 50 grams? Mine are closer to 55-60 grams. The slice of bread that is supposed to be 23 grams...it's probably closer to 32 grams. The half cup of dry oatmeal you carefully measured out? It's probably 20% bigger in grams than the 1/2 cup serving size on the box label. The ounce of cheese you eyeballed? It's probably only half an ounce and you can eat more.

Just take it one day, one meal at a time. Plan ahead. Go to the grocery store and make sure you have healthy and convenient choices available. If your house is full of foods that tempt you to overeat or binge, get rid of them. Don't make too many and too drastic changes at once. Don't deprive yourself too much. Keep up the daily walks.
  • suhashmi
    suhashmi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Find your favourite old dress that you can't fit into now or buy one with a size you want to fit into and keep trying it on before each weighing every week. Think about fitting in it when you have any craving. I do that. Really helps. It has helped me before and believe me when you can one day you will feel so happy just remember that. This is positive approach . Another way is tough love . Remember every mean thing anyone has ever said about your weight when you have food craving and don't eat it because you want to prove those jerks wrong and show them that you can lose that weight and look stunning and gorgeous .Both of these methods have worked for me in the past and even now. Take care please add me as I'm looking for weight loss buddies