Staying together

Options
Hey guys fighting anxiety and severe depression. I try to make the most of everyday and count my blessings but this stuff is real

Replies

• Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Have you been to see a doc? There is nothing wrong with medication to adjust your brain chemistry.
  • ElizabethAnnSz
    ElizabethAnnSz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fighting depression myself. I have good days and bad. I would suggest what the member above said. Medication can help quite a bit. Sending positive thoughts your way.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely real, and it's a real process in your brain/body. There are ways to fix it but since you said "severe" im assuming it's not just getting in the way of you being your best self but getting in the way of your basic life activities. If you're between 0 to 75 percent of "ok", seeing someone for meds is the way to go. It will take the edge off and get you into a manageable place while you learn other skills. When you're out of that range and have some better skills you can talk to your doc about getting off the meds (if that's an appropriate choice) and you can put your plan into action. Do not try to reinvent the wheel on this. We know the wheel, we know how to fix most wheels and we have a whole profession of wheel fixers to help you out. You're totally right to look for help. Next step is probably your gp.
    Take care and knock this thing out.