Advice for dieting

Options
I'm stuck with weight lose ideas , everybody says cut down on good sizes and so on and you will lose weight. That's logic but I wanna get to 12 stone 5 by the end of September I'm 15 stone 4 ATM kind regards Harry. Ps Is it possible to put 3 pound on in a day ??? Thanks

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    41 pounds in 3 months is too aggressive...it's going to take 3-4 times that long to lose it.

And yes, gaining 3 pounds in a day is possible, but it's not fat.
  • harrylynch2014
    harrylynch2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know , it's possible to lose 2-3 stone in 3-4 months my older brother has done it , but it's not recommended and has stuck to a 1500 calorie plan.
  • charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It's possible for sure, although not recommended; you'd lose a lot of muscle as well as body fat, but if it's just a slim look you want by end of sept then cool.

In regards to the weight change, gaining 3 pounds is possible, pretty sure I've done that this weekend haha.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    There is only one weight loss idea you need - eat less calories than you burn.
    Aggressive weight loss is not better!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,692 Member
    Options
    Put your info into MFP and set your weight loss at 2 lbs a week. Losing faster than that is usually not sustainable unless you have a lot to lose. Being hungry all the time usually means that you end up bingeing sooner or later. Then log everything you eat and the exercise you do. If you exercise more, eat more so you have the energy you need to fuel your workouts.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    you keep making threads looking for quick fixes...there are no quick fixes...this is a marathon, not a sprint...you didn't gain it overnight why are you insisting on losing so fast?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    First the 'military diet' and now an unrealistic deadline.
    You really need to start looking further ahead.

Yes you can gain 3lbs in a day, but that's because weight fluctuates. I can fluctuate 5lbs in a day and I'm at maintenance.

Fast changes are primarily water (hydration levels) and volume of food related. Fat and muscle changes are slow.